Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coronavirus

Highlighted
Community Guru
Reinier B Member Since: Nov 3, 2015
821 of 842

Irene B wrote:

Yes, I fortunately have some long-term clients that are keeping me slightly afloat for the most part. Thanks for asking. I appreciate it.

Glad you're ok, and have at least some work. If it had not been for my long term clients, I would be in serious trouble. However, fortunate as we are, I don't think we have even begun to see the extent of the economic carnage the pandemic (and creatures in head scarves) caused here.

Highlighted
Community Leader
Valerio S Member Since: Oct 13, 2017
822 of 842

After 100 days, Covid "finally" came back to New Zealand, the city of Auckland is in lockdown and the rest of the country is at alert level 2. The funny thing is, this all happened while we were booking our flights to back to Germany, for good.

So once again, I'm here with a flight to go back to Europe, hoping they're not going to cancel it...I feel there is a superior power in motion, trying to tell me to stay put.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
823 of 842

Valerio S wrote:

After 100 days, Covid "finally" came back to New Zealand, the city of Auckland is in lockdown and the rest of the country is at alert level 2. The funny thing is, this all happened while we were booking our flights to back to Germany, for good.

So once again, I'm here with a flight to go back to Europe, hoping they're not going to cancel it...I feel there is a superior power in motion, trying to tell me to stay put.

Why would you want to go to Germany for good lol?

I fear that there will be a real uptick in cases caused by tourists in Italy shortly, and they'll be carrying the virus home with them. The Italians have been pretty sensible since May, but they seem to lose all common sense as soon as August starts. There have been huge parties along the sea front and the nightclubs are packed.

idiots.png

Like every year I can't WAIT until August is over and all the loud tourists and their pesky cars go back to whereever they came from and I can work and sleep in peace again.

Luckily the incredibly noisy people who usually spend July and August in the apartment upstairs didn't come this year, and neither did the family of 8 including screaming children who usually seem to live (and fight) on the balcony above my neighbour's place. I am sorry they are missing their holidays (a bit sorry) but I am not sorry to have 50% of the noise of a typical August removed.

Oh and we had a wildfire last week. It came scarily close, I could see and hear it just beyond the olive grove that's the other side of my patio. At one point it jumped the main road and engulfed the shrublands in the dunes. The next day we had torrential rain and flooding-

2020 is NUTS

Highlighted
Community Guru
Richard W Member Since: Jun 22, 2017
824 of 842

Petra R wrote:

Like every year I can't WAIT until August is over and all the loud tourists and their pesky cars go back to whereever they came from and I can work and sleep in peace again.

Luckily the incredibly noisy people who usually spend July and August in the apartment upstairs didn't come this year...

Funny,  I somehow got the idea that you lived in a small isolated house in the middle of nowhere. It seems it's not the idyll that I thought it was.  😃

The main problem we have around here at this time of the year is the noxious stink of rotting seaweed.  It's really bad at the moment after a spell of hot weather.  I'm hoping for a big storm to wash it away.  Maybe today. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
825 of 842

Renier,,,,,,Yup!!

And SOME time this weekend we will hear what is in store for us next. Incompetence does not even explain it.

Highlighted
Community Guru
826 of 842

Richard W wrote: Funny,  I somehow got the idea that you lived in a small isolated house in the middle of nowhere. It seems it's not the idyll that I thought it was.  😃

I would, if I could afford to Smiley Very Happy

But this is probably the right compromise, I live in a ground floor apartment with my own entrance, and 10-11 months of the year there is nobody on either side or above me. All I can see from by back door and windows is greenery and olive grove and my tangerine tree.

So mostly it feels like a small house in the middle of nowhere.

Its just July and August it's bad

Richard W wrote: The main problem we have around here at this time of the year is the noxious stink of rotting seaweed.  It's really bad at the moment after a spell of hot weather.  I'm hoping for a big storm to wash it away.  Maybe today. 

Fingers crossed for a nice storm for you

Highlighted
Community Leader
827 of 842

Petra R wrote:

Valerio S wrote:

Why would you want to go to Germany for good lol?

With a baby on the way, we wanted to be closer to friends and family (my wife is German), we've already lived in Hamburg for a couple of years and fell in love with the city, plus my wife has a very good job opportunity there so we decided it was time to go back and settle down.

I guess I'll have to ramp up my German and my tolerance for horrible weather.

Highlighted
Community Guru
828 of 842

Valerio S wrote:

I guess I'll have to ramp up my German and my tolerance for horrible weather.

I'd have to ramp up my tolerance for (the average) Germans before I go back lol

Highlighted
Community Leader
829 of 842

Petra R wrote:

I'd have to ramp up my tolerance for (the average) Germans before I go back lol

Aahahahahahahaha, probably I'd say the same if I would ever decide to go back to Italy.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Reinier B Member Since: Nov 3, 2015
830 of 842

Irene B wrote:

Renier,,,,,,Yup!!

And SOME time this weekend we will hear what is in store for us next. Incompetence does not even explain it.

Well, it seems most of got what we wanted or needed, except the piper, who will likely only get paid in about 20 years's time. Just in time for my grandchlidren to contribute to the interest payments.  

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS