🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Correct spelling
Page options
chhickish
Community Member

Correct spelling

Could someone at UpWork please advise on the correct spelling of "the" I have been (wrongly apparently) spelling it "t" "h" "e" my whole life...but I'm reliably informed by the app that this is the wrong spelling.

Thanks

Capture.JPG

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Christopher and others,

Thanks for bringing this up. I'd like to confirm that the team is aware of this issue and planing to release a fix for it as soon as possible.

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
martina_plaschka
Community Member

In what language is the app?

prachi163
Community Member

I think you can safely ignore the warning from the app and use the spelling as t-h-e.

But I advise you not to use the word 'the' thrice consecutively.

Source of information: My Upwork app which confirms that 'the' is the correct spelling.

Source of advice: Anecdotal. Didn't end well.

astepanov83
Community Member

This is definitely an upwork app bug. They use the latest Chrome dictionaries and Chrome iself does not underline the. Seems like the problem is in where they check for Skype and other "frowned on" words.

Interesting, I have it on 2 laptops and have the same problem on both.  But it would seem others in this thread don't have this problem

I checked I have it. I just don't use messaging in the app. Only in browser.
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Thanks for bringing this up. I'd like to confirm that the team is aware of this issue and planing to release a fix for it as soon as possible.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thanks Valeria, Good to know it will be fixed!

Valeria K wrote:

Planning a fix for the spelling of  "the" ? 😄 Upwork should keep this secret ...  

Latest Articles
Learning Paths