Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Crazy Job Postings Part II

Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
81 of 695

@Jess C wrote:

So there's a job posted asking a freelancer to replace the fonts in bank statements so the client can cut and paste the content, because they don't have the font the bank uses. Either this is the laziest client ever or they're trying to clumsily forge bank documents.

I would not touch that one for all the gold in...uh..anywhere.

Community Guru
Melissa T Member Since: Dec 5, 2014
82 of 695

@Pandora H wrote:

Interesting Au tidbit: I recently saw a documentary that showed potential future mining of gold from bamboo forests because their roots go so deep that they reach gold in the soil... so their leaves have teensy gold specks. It would take a whole lot of bamboo to get a decent amount of gold, but I thought that was fascinating. 

Community Guru
83 of 695

@Melissa T wrote:

@Pandora H wrote:

Interesting Au tidbit: I recently saw a documentary that showed potential future mining of gold from bamboo forests because their roots go so deep that they reach gold in the soil... so their leaves have teensy gold specks. It would take a whole lot of bamboo to get a decent amount of gold, but I thought that was fascinating. 

Gosh. don't tell that to the many US Corp's who seem bent on destroying any speck of green on the planet

And uh, on a totally related note, I saw a short documentary about someone in the US who has figured out a way to harvest gold from human waste. (and it was more gold then you describe above, oddly enough),

Community Guru
Renata S Member Since: Jun 10, 2014
84 of 695

@Pandora H wrote:

@Melissa T wrote:

@Pandora H wrote:

Gosh. don't tell that to the many US Corp's who seem bent on destroying any speck of green on the planet

And uh, on a totally related note, I saw a short documentary about someone in the US who has figured out a way to harvest gold from human waste. (and it was more gold then you describe above, oddly enough),

This all sounds like some kind of weird technological fairy tale. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
85 of 695

Pandora, I saw that one, too!! 

Community Guru
86 of 695

@Melissa T wrote:

Pandora, I saw that one, too!! 

Did you see a teaser for that before hand? I did (I think this was Netflix, btw), and went "no fracking way!"

Community Guru
87 of 695

Pandora, you and I have simliar taste in Netflix. LOL Do you also like British period dramas? 

Community Guru
Renata S Member Since: Jun 10, 2014
88 of 695

@Melissa T wrote:

Pandora, you and I have simliar taste in Netflix. LOL Do you also like British period dramas? 

@Melissa: A little off topic Smiley Very Happy but I get the sense you'd probably like QI with Stephen Fry. I think it's still available on Netflix.

Community Guru
89 of 695

I adore Mr. Fry and will search for it forthwith. 

Hooey! (that was a good one)

Community Guru
90 of 695

@Melissa T wrote:

LOL. I am not sure, actually. I certainly like SOME british comedy. If you mean things like herm...Crime things aka Jack the Ripper period, then my reaction would be meh. Seen a few of those shows and was not super entertained.

I'm actually REALLY hard to impress. Not mainstream at all, and am pretty eclectic in my tastes...I mean seriously, what the hell was I watching that included something about that gold thing we discusesd earlier today, heh.

Heck, I like a Bolloywood movie now and again, but usually get a headache because of the high pitch of the singing/music about half-way in.

Finally, because I was out of work (and some other personal issues), my Netflix account is on hold. I am however, thinking of re-opening it so I can watch on my computer, and stop paying for an online game I haven't had much time to play.

So if you want to recommend, over to this thread (cause you never know who might be lurking!) Heh:  https://community.upwork.com/t5/Coffee-Break/Netflix-Central-What-are-you-watching/m-p/246064/highli...

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS