Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Crazy Job Postings Part II

Community Guru
Renata S Member Since: Jun 10, 2014
101 of 704

@Jess C wrote:

Fresh in the listings is an "artist" looking for someone to design their portfolio to present to a certain late night talkshow host whose name vaguely rhymes with Reebin Mold-hair.

Yeah, right, dude. In ya dreams.

I think that one deserves some extra special marks for the virtuosity of the rhyming effort.  

Community Guru
Jess C Member Since: Feb 18, 2015
102 of 704

@Renata S wrote:

@Jess C wrote:

Fresh in the listings is an "artist" looking for someone to design their portfolio to present to a certain late night talkshow host whose name vaguely rhymes with Reebin Mold-hair.

I think that one deserves some extra special marks for the virtuosity of the rhyming effort.  

That was all me. :-) The job title contains the actual name... the chutzpah of some people!

Community Guru
Renata S Member Since: Jun 10, 2014
103 of 704

@Jess C wrote:

@Renata S wrote:

@Jess C wrote:

That was all me. :-) The job title contains the actual name... the chutzpah of some people!

I totally meant you. I find the forum messages are far more entertaining as a result of people trying to figure out what they can and can't say. I think we should have the "best of" people not saying stuff as a forum post. It makes me feel like I'm at a [denomination I'm not sure I can mention] Bible camp some days. [steer manure. Am I allowed to say Bible? I know I get shut down for politically recognizable stuff.] 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
104 of 704

I saw one this morning that said "60 blog posts for only $50!" as if the selling point was how low the budget was. 

Community Guru
105 of 704

@Tiffany S wrote:

I saw one this morning that said "60 blog posts for only $50!" as if the selling point was how low the budget was. 

Are you sure they weren't yet another confused freelancer posting as a client? Those are always fun, especially when other confused freelancers actually submit proposals!

Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
106 of 704

@Jess C wrote:

Are you sure they weren't yet another confused freelancer posting as a client? Those are always fun, especially when other confused freelancers actually submit proposals!

I saw something new from a Digital Agency today, that made me go huh?  The first line of the job description contained this: Hello, <freelancer name>

Oddly, the client has been around a while, so either someone new is handling their recruitment (and they are a freelancer working for said client), or the usual poster pressed the wrong button (should have been a private job).

Community Guru
Bojana D Member Since: May 2, 2011
107 of 704

@Pandora H wrote:

I saw something new from a Digital Agency today, that made me go huh?  The first line of the job description contained this: Hello, <freelancer name>

Oddly, the client has been around a while, so either someone new is handling their recruitment (and they are a freelancer working for said client), or the usual poster pressed the wrong button (should have been a private job).

I've even received invites like this. "2 Poster layouts and a flyer for Carlo". Was tempted to put NOT CARLO as reason for declining it.

Community Guru
108 of 704

@Bojana D wrote:

I've even received invites like this. "2 Poster layouts and a flyer for Carlo". Was tempted to put NOT CARLO as reason for declining it.

Oh my goodness. That is just insane! I'd have been very tempted to not only decline, but write a message to the client saying:

It appears your recruiter (or perhaps you) are new to Upwork. If you are interested in getting the services of an Experienced Upwork Recruiter, please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you for your time.

Regards,

NOT Carlo

And yes, in RL I actually have sent back 2 messages somewhat like that that. And got an interview request out of one of them. I declined the job after learning more about the business, which was an industry I had 0 interest in (Finance). <yawn>

I mean really, what are they going to do, report our message as spam? (maybe they can do that,  but I doubt THESE clients would bother)

Community Guru
109 of 704

@Pandora H wrote:

This happens all. the. time. And there's no way to report them effectively. I saw one once that included the client's website admin login information - url, username, and password - in a public job post addressed to a particular freelancer.

Community Guru
110 of 704

@Jess C wrote:

@Pandora H wrote:

This happens all. the. time. And there's no way to report them effectively. I saw one once that included the client's website admin login information - url, username, and password - in a public job post addressed to a particular freelancer.

Jeez, why not take the same info and post it on a Billboard in NYC Times Square.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS