cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Crazy Job Postings Part II

Community Guru
Prashant P Member Since: Sep 29, 2015
51 of 673

Well this is just short of making a website telepathic. For a whopping $200.

"Automatically Update Weebly Website with Content from Email or SMS.

We have a Weebly website and want to be able to automatically update content on it's pages directly from emails that we generate."

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
52 of 673

@Renata S wrote:

I just saw one for a "heavy editing proofreader." Possibly only the proofreaders will catch that one. 

That was probably the same one who was looking for a vast proofreader!

ETA: Oops, sorry, I have been asleep at this party - go back a few pages Smiley Tongue

PS: In UK English a winky means something else entirely and a koozie could be a winky warmer (also UK) - I'm going back to sleep . . .

Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
53 of 673

@Nichola L wrote:

@Renata S wrote:

I just saw one for a "heavy editing proofreader." Possibly only the proofreaders will catch that one. 

ETA: Oops, sorry, I have been asleep at this party - go back a few pages Smiley Tongue

PS: In UK English a winky means something else entirely and a koozie could be a winky warmer (also UK) - I'm going back to sleep . . .

I don't EVEN want to ask.  But to clarify the koozie thing, it's a US term for can covers (that insulate, and/or can be used for marketing (logos, etc).

And koozie is a hack on the older, and not much used anymore word cozy, which in product terms referred mostly to teapot covers and occassionaly to cup covers (usually teacups). The picture I posted of a teapot cozy is actually like 5 years old. Most folks under 35 years old have probably never heard of a teapot cover.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Renata S Member Since: Jun 10, 2014
54 of 673

@Nichola L wrote:

@Renata S wrote:

Was that on the US/UK What's the Difference test? According to Wikipedia and the BBC, "Winkie" (proper noun) was  an award-winning carrier pigeon, who could also have been quite cozy in the koozie. But I believe you're referring to that other thing (as in Wee Willie), aren't you?  Cat Wink

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
55 of 673

@Renata S wrote:

@Nichola L wrote:

@Renata S wrote:

Was that on the US/UK What's the Difference test? According to Wikipedia and the BBC, "Winkie" (proper noun) was also a carrier pigeon, who could also have been quite cozy in the koozie. But I believe you're referring to that other thing (as in Wee Willy), aren't you?  Cat Wink

Smiley Wink

Community Guru
56 of 673

@Nichola L wrote:

@Renata S wrote:

@Nichola L wrote:

@Renata S wrote:

Was that on the US/UK What's the Difference test? According to Wikipedia and the BBC, "Winkie" (proper noun) was also a carrier pigeon, who could also have been quite cozy in the koozie. But I believe you're referring to that other thing (as in Wee Willy), aren't you?  Cat Wink

Smiley Wink

Oh lawd, save me now. <cough> I admit it. For once in my life, my mind was in the gutter.

Community Guru
Ravindra B Member Since: Sep 27, 2015
57 of 673

Job: Re-write some old romance novels - approximately 8000 - 9000 words long. ALL words in the story to be rewritten, so that no sentence is the same (changing only one or two words not good enough). 

Budget: $20

"Certa bonum certamen"
Community Guru
58 of 673

@Ravindra B wrote:

Job: Re-write some old romance novels - approximately 8000 - 9000 words long. ALL words in the story to be rewritten, so that no sentence is the same (changing only one or two words not good enough). 

Budget: $20

Uh, rewrite all words in the story? Does it say what the difference is between that and writing a new one?  

I wonder if these guys from MIT might be able to develop the romance novel version of the SciGen Automatic Paper Generator. Apparently, they got some of the papers they generated with this published. I think the same principal would probably work for romance novels. 
https://pdos.csail.mit.edu/archive/scigen/

Community Guru
59 of 673

Has anyone ever heard of the "Christian and Amish romance genre"? I didn't realize this was a niche in niche publishing.

Community Guru
60 of 673

@Renata S wrote:

Has anyone ever heard of the "Christian and Amish romance genre"? I didn't realize this was a niche in niche publishing.

You are joking, right? Please say your joking!

(I bet she isn't. Romance genres have changed (and gone in some crazy directions) in recent years).

Note: I do not read this genre, but I do pay attention to the Fiction industry in general.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS