Melissa T Member Since: Dec 5, 2014
81 of 653

Pandora, I saw that one, too!! 

Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
82 of 653

@Melissa T wrote:

Pandora, I saw that one, too!! 

Did you see a teaser for that before hand? I did (I think this was Netflix, btw), and went "no fracking way!"

Community Guru
83 of 653

Pandora, you and I have simliar taste in Netflix. LOL Do you also like British period dramas? 

Community Guru
Renata S Member Since: Jun 10, 2014
84 of 653

@Melissa T wrote:

Pandora, you and I have simliar taste in Netflix. LOL Do you also like British period dramas? 

@Melissa: A little off topic Smiley Very Happy but I get the sense you'd probably like QI with Stephen Fry. I think it's still available on Netflix.

Community Guru
85 of 653

I adore Mr. Fry and will search for it forthwith. 

Hooey! (that was a good one)

Community Guru
86 of 653

@Melissa T wrote:

LOL. I am not sure, actually. I certainly like SOME british comedy. If you mean things like herm...Crime things aka Jack the Ripper period, then my reaction would be meh. Seen a few of those shows and was not super entertained.

I'm actually REALLY hard to impress. Not mainstream at all, and am pretty eclectic in my tastes...I mean seriously, what the hell was I watching that included something about that gold thing we discusesd earlier today, heh.

Heck, I like a Bolloywood movie now and again, but usually get a headache because of the high pitch of the singing/music about half-way in.

Finally, because I was out of work (and some other personal issues), my Netflix account is on hold. I am however, thinking of re-opening it so I can watch on my computer, and stop paying for an online game I haven't had much time to play.

So if you want to recommend, over to this thread (cause you never know who might be lurking!) Heh:  https://community.upwork.com/t5/Coffee-Break/Netflix-Central-What-are-you-watching/m-p/246064/highli...

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ravindra B Member Since: Sep 27, 2015
87 of 653

How desperate can people be?

Proposals: 20 to 50

Desperate_lined.png

"Certa bonum certamen"
Community Guru
88 of 653

Updated: For giggles

Maybe we should re-name this thread to be something along the lines of:

Tangent Lovers Unite!

Just today we have had all these topics addressed in at least 3 posts each:

• Amish People -  (many posts)
  • Ultra-Conservative Religions - several posts
  • Documentaries - a few posts
  • Gold Digging - 4 posts
  • Romantic Fiction Industry - several posts
  • Montreal - several posts
  • Cylons/AI - 6? posts

LOL which makes think I should make a re-cap post like this once a week in this thread. Might be insightful over the long term.

Community Guru
Renata S Member Since: Jun 10, 2014
89 of 653

@Pandora H wrote:

Updated: For giggles

Maybe we should re-name this thread to be something along the lines of:

Tangent Lovers Unite!

Just today we have had all these topics addressed in at least 3 posts each:

• Amish People -  (many posts)
  • Ultra-Conservative Religions - several posts
  • Documentaries - a few posts
  • Gold Digging - 4 posts
  • Romantic Fiction Industry - several posts
  • Montreal - several posts
  • Cylons/AI - 6? posts

LOL which makes think I should make a re-cap post like this once a week in this thread. Might be insightful over the long term.

Just a small correction (sorry, occupational hazard): the Cylons/AI is not actually an Artificial intelligence. It's a Hybrid UnIntelligence, so should be abbreviated HUI (and would therefore be pronounced "hooey," as in "Scotty, the hooey seems to be acting up again today.").

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
90 of 653

that one was not so much crazy, I found it rather sweet: the guy needed a translation for a short letter that he wanted to hand to a neighbour, name unknown, he was offering to take care of their lot/ garden in exchange for having a place to store his boat.

I really hope he got it!

a weird one: client wanted to pay USD 40 for suggesting things to do on a 3 day trip in Salzburg, Austria. hmmmmm.... why not pick up a travel guide for much less?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS