Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Crazy Job Postings Part II

voiceovervandeen
Garry Vandeen S Member Since: Dec 4, 2020
771 of 787

Hi Ray,

Yep that's it, you were hired, & you entered into it knowingly.

See my reply to Preston above which goes into more detail & explains why I would imagine UpWork quickly took it down after we flagged it.

The poster had deliberately placed the contract waiver clause to be read as part of his audition script, so he wouldn't have even had to hire anyone to have use of their voice, the audition submission including the waiver would be all he would have needed to sell/use/pass on to the voice duplication company.

As a former string player I'm affraid your brass joke escaped me, maybe I was asleep as I never got as many bars rest ;-)  I did once get told that I could drink like a brass player, I took that as a great compliment!!

weinreich
Ace Contributor
Nedra W Member Since: Jan 17, 2017
772 of 787

I saw this and had to share it. I assume it was autocorrect gone wrong. The posting included a sentence similar to:

"I'm pooping for someone to help me produce my first EP!"

Hopefully it was autocorrect!!!

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
773 of 787

Yet another instance of getting tripped up by autocorrect!

ravi_iitian
Community Guru
Ravindra B Member Since: Sep 27, 2015
774 of 787

People seem to have applied for this job.

RFP_2021-03-19_225218.jpg

"Certa bonum certamen"
colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
775 of 787

Ravindra B wrote:

People seem to have applied for this job.

RFP_2021-03-19_225218.jpg

Smiley Very HappyRavindra, Coffee Break would fall apart without you! 

ravi_iitian
Community Guru
Ravindra B Member Since: Sep 27, 2015
776 of 787

Cheers, Nichola!

"Certa bonum certamen"
sofinabeel
Sofi Nabeel A Member Since: Nov 18, 2018
777 of 787

This community is POPPING! Looks like I'm not the only one frustrated by insane-sounding jobs (that people are actually applying for)! 

I'm so happy to see Upwork is not just everyone running high tides submitting proposals! So glad I came across the Upwork community. 

Embrace the noob, fellas. I'm on a coffee break!

colettelewis
Community Guru
778 of 787

And another client with wildly urnealistic expectations.

The client wants  an entry level freelancer who is bi- or multi-lingual (French, German, English), an expert proofreader, an illustrator, and a book typesetter with Indesign.This skillful paragon has to start their proposal with "I am real" so that the client can be sure of not being spammed (cough). 

All this for the princely sum of $10 - $25

colettelewis
Community Guru
779 of 787

Entry level aircraft enthusiasts. Someone is looking for a beginner to  apply their skilled air hazard knowledge in analysis, report writing and lecturing. 

Reminder to self: Never fly to or from Nepal ... 

reinierb
Community Guru
Reinier B Member Since: Nov 3, 2015
780 of 787

Nichola L wrote:

Entry level aircraft enthusiasts. Someone is looking for a beginner to  apply their skilled air hazard knowledge in analysis, report writing and lecturing. 

Reminder to self: Never fly to or from Nepal ... 

This reminds me of the guy who once claimed to be in charge of maintaining the airframes of the RAF's heavy aircraft. If memory serves, he only had one year of post high-school eduaction in something or other from a community college.  Amazingly, though, the RAF's heavy aircraft have not yet not started falling from the sky...

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS