Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crazy Job Postings Part II

Community Guru
Richard W Member Since: Jun 22, 2017
601 of 672

Olga P wrote:

Whenever I see jobs like "need experienced designer/artist/whatever for easy job, needs to be expert at (and here goes long list of software, not even related sometimes to what they want), easy job, great to start your Upwork carreer" and they have budget $5-$10. That's not even crazy. That's... pathetic. More pathetic when I see people actually bidding on it O_O

"Easy job" is a red flag. I don't read any further. Come to think of it, I should add 'NOT "easy job"' to my job feed search string.

P.S. On second thoughts, that would rule out a client who writes "this is not an easy job, and I'll pay accordingly"!

Community Guru
Sergio S Member Since: Dec 19, 2017
602 of 672

I just saw a job post looking for a model to do nudes. Is that even allowed here? Man Surprised

Community Guru
Ray C Member Since: Jun 17, 2015
603 of 672
No, but i took the job anyway. He was very respectful and seemed really
nice in chat, everything went really well until i showed up at his door for
the photo session.
Ace Contributor
Suzi E Member Since: Nov 19, 2018
604 of 672

The question is how long did it take for him to ask for your social security number and bank account and  routing numbers?

Suzi

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
605 of 672

Suzi E wrote:

The question is how long did it take for him to ask for your social security number and bank account and  routing numbers?

Suzi

And was that before or after he got your clothes off...And then the check he gave you - did you cash it? 

Ace Contributor
Suzi E Member Since: Nov 19, 2018
606 of 672

And was that before or after the great idea that if only you would help him move $39, 438,299 out of Nigeria, you could have 10% of it.

Suzi

Community Guru
607 of 672

Nicola wrote:
And was that before or after he got your clothes off...And then the check he gave you - did you cash it? 

I didn't even get to take my clothes off! Some nonsense about me being the wrong gender! That's sexual discrimination if you ask me! So I beat him up and took his Gucci lamp.

Hahaha! just kidding!

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
608 of 672

Ray C wrote:

I didn't even get to take my clothes off! Some nonsense about me being the wrong gender! That's sexual discrimination if you ask me! So I beat him up and took his Gucci lamp.

Hahaha! just kidding!

Smiley Very Happy 

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
609 of 672

re: "I just saw a job post looking for a model to do nudes. Is that even allowed here?"

In all seriousness, it would simply be a bad business decision to try to hire models with a job post like that on Upwork, given the questionable allowability of such a post, and the availability of websites dedicated to providing such services.

modelmayhem.com and models4hire.com are just two of the well-established resources for hiring models of all types.

Community Guru
610 of 672

Preston H wrote:

re: "I just saw a job post looking for a model to do nudes. Is that even allowed here?"

In all seriousness, it would simply be a bad business decision to try to hire models with a job post like that on Upwork, given the questionable allowability of such a post, and the availability of websites dedicated to providing such services.

modelmayhem.com and models4hire.com are just two of the well-established resources for hiring models of all types.

Gee thanks for the links Pres'! Will i get a discount rate if I tell 'em Preston referred me? Smiley Happy

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS