cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crazy Job Postings Part II

Community Guru
Ray C Member Since: Jun 17, 2015
651 of 670

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH (gasp!) HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA(Wheeze!) HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!...HAHAHAHAHA!
If I had seen that I would have spent two connects just to say exactly that. Because I am passionate about letting this guy know what a sack of donkey potatoes he is. The "reward" is low because he wants us to be passionate about going broke to help out someone who would own slaves if it were legal! Boy, that's more passion that I could muster in 3 lifetimes. It ought to say: "This should be a masochism project." Oh to see the profiles of the 30 to 50 people who bid on this project would be a fascinating study in human self-degradation.

We certainly know where all the lowest life forms on earth go after they grow appendages and drag themselves up from the primordial ooze.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
652 of 670

Laugh all you want...

But when the client says that the "reward is low," I think he's at least being honest.

Community Guru
653 of 670

Preston H wrote:

Laugh all you want...

But when the client says that the "reward is low," I think he's at least being honest.

Well so was Hitler, Preston.

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
654 of 670

Khurram J wrote:

Posted moments ago
"Budget : $5 "   (I reviewed the profile and is not just a placeholder)
------------ start
"Description; I would like to create a website that looks exactly like the one in the picture.
It should be a passion project - that's why the reward is low"

---------- end

Note; sorry to attach exact description but its a master piece. Smiley LOL

Nothing wrong with being passionate. I, for example, am passionate about eating food and sleeping on a bed which is in a room with walls. 

Ace Contributor
Lexidh S Member Since: Mar 21, 2018
655 of 670

$5
Fixed-price
$$$
Expert level I am willing to pay higher rates for the most experienced freelancers

No... no, you are not. 

Abdelrhman B Member Since: Jan 23, 2018
656 of 670

I have never come across that tush files Smiley LOL

Capture2.PNG

Ace Contributor
Roberto S Member Since: Apr 27, 2019
657 of 670

"translate article about X (really generic) from english to italian" 

No other info such as number of words,100$ budget, 4 connetcs. 
This is the other way around

"I look for a reliable translator with high command of english to translate words english to italian"

No other info such as type of the documents, 150$ budget, 6 connetcs.

"Will need the following language pairs: 
X- X
X - X
X - X

Second language must be native."
Nothing else, no budget, 2 connects.

Half of the jobs for the translators are like those. Either they are missing the number of pages/words/etc. or they are missing the type of document (legal/medical/technical/VIDEO GAME). Why should I even waste connects to ask them to provide more info? That should be mandatory.

Edit: obviously I don't send proposals to these jobs, but this is a dire situation, half of the offers are like these.

Community Guru
Scott B Member Since: Nov 20, 2015
658 of 670

I just received an invitation to interview today. It looked pretty normal until I saw that one of the questions they were asking was "How old are you". First I time I saw that asked which is of course irrelevant (in my area) and then I noticed that they invited 118 people. 118!?! I didn't actually think that was possible. 

This is one of those times I wish they included a middle finger emoji that I could use in response....

UW-Interview Request.JPG

Sarah C Member Since: May 12, 2019
659 of 670

I keep seeing the same job posting over and over again, with slightly different wording. It's the same $8/1500 words bull-hockey I posted about before, only now they want freelancers willing to write 20,000 words a day. Of well-researched material. For a long-term commitment. 

And, the more you write, the less you get paid. $12 for 3500 words. That's $.003/word. That should be a crime. 

*If* I could produce 20,000 words a day, I would not be getting paid $50 for it. 

Man, this RECURRING post really fires me up. 

Community Guru
660 of 670
Just recently I saw a job for a $5 budget. I wasted 2 connects just to say.

Wow, five whole dollars? Why so much?
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS