Reply
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

Crazy Job Postings Part II

pandoraharper
Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
81 of 772

@Melanie H wrote:

@Renata S wrote:

Has anyone ever heard of the "Christian and Amish romance genre"? I didn't realize this was a niche in niche publishing.


 OMG, I could do so much with this right now.

 

Just. So. Much.

 

But I'm worried it might not be forum TOS-compliant.

 

Oh we could just have a field day playing the "Add a Sentence" game with this idea.


 We had quite a field day with that one Smiley Happy

melaniekhenson
Community Guru
Melanie H Member Since: Nov 2, 2017
82 of 772

@Pandora H wrote:

@Melanie H wrote:

@Renata S wrote:

Has anyone ever heard of the "Christian and Amish romance genre"? I didn't realize this was a niche in niche publishing.


 OMG, I could do so much with this right now.

 

Just. So. Much.

 

But I'm worried it might not be forum TOS-compliant.

 

Oh we could just have a field day playing the "Add a Sentence" game with this idea.


 We had quite a field day with that one Smiley Happy


 Going back to reread! Smiley LOL

jcullinan
Community Guru
Jess C Member Since: Feb 18, 2015
83 of 772

So there's a job posted asking a freelancer to replace the fonts in bank statements so the client can cut and paste the content, because they don't have the font the bank uses. Either this is the laziest client ever or they're trying to clumsily forge bank documents.

mthornton-cpc
Community Guru
Melissa T Member Since: Dec 5, 2014
84 of 772

@Jess C wrote:

So there's a job posted asking a freelancer to replace the fonts in bank statements so the client can cut and paste the content, because they don't have the font the bank uses. Either this is the laziest client ever or they're trying to clumsily forge bank documents.


Whoa. I mean, just whoa. Who takes jobs like that? Oh, wait.  

pandoraharper
Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
85 of 772

@Jess C wrote:

So there's a job posted asking a freelancer to replace the fonts in bank statements so the client can cut and paste the content, because they don't have the font the bank uses. Either this is the laziest client ever or they're trying to clumsily forge bank documents.


 I would not touch that one for all the gold in...uh..anywhere.

mthornton-cpc
Community Guru
Melissa T Member Since: Dec 5, 2014
86 of 772

@Pandora H wrote:

 

 I would not touch that one for all the gold in...uh..anywhere.


 

Interesting Au tidbit: I recently saw a documentary that showed potential future mining of gold from bamboo forests because their roots go so deep that they reach gold in the soil... so their leaves have teensy gold specks. It would take a whole lot of bamboo to get a decent amount of gold, but I thought that was fascinating. 

pandoraharper
Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
87 of 772

@Melissa T wrote:

@Pandora H wrote:

 

 I would not touch that one for all the gold in...uh..anywhere.


 

Interesting Au tidbit: I recently saw a documentary that showed potential future mining of gold from bamboo forests because their roots go so deep that they reach gold in the soil... so their leaves have teensy gold specks. It would take a whole lot of bamboo to get a decent amount of gold, but I thought that was fascinating. 


Gosh. don't tell that to the many US Corp's who seem bent on destroying any speck of green on the planet

 

And uh, on a totally related note, I saw a short documentary about someone in the US who has figured out a way to harvest gold from human waste. (and it was more gold then you describe above, oddly enough),

renata101
Community Guru
Renata S Member Since: Jun 10, 2014
88 of 772

@Pandora H wrote:

@Melissa T wrote:

@Pandora H wrote:

 

 I would not touch that one for all the gold in...uh..anywhere.


 

Interesting Au tidbit: I recently saw a documentary that showed potential future mining of gold from bamboo forests because their roots go so deep that they reach gold in the soil... so their leaves have teensy gold specks. It would take a whole lot of bamboo to get a decent amount of gold, but I thought that was fascinating. 


Gosh. don't tell that to the many US Corp's who seem bent on destroying any speck of green on the planet

 

And uh, on a totally related note, I saw a short documentary about someone in the US who has figured out a way to harvest gold from human waste. (and it was more gold then you describe above, oddly enough),


 This all sounds like some kind of weird technological fairy tale. 

mthornton-cpc
Community Guru
Melissa T Member Since: Dec 5, 2014
89 of 772

Pandora, I saw that one, too!! 

pandoraharper
Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
90 of 772

@Melissa T wrote:

Pandora, I saw that one, too!! 


Did you see a teaser for that before hand? I did (I think this was Netflix, btw), and went "no fracking way!"

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS