Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crazy Job Postings

stephenbrightman
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
41 of 2,045

But they're promising an increase (though it might take a couple of years to work up to the $2 mark...)

ceidauilyc
Community Leader
Geomaria G Member Since: Mar 6, 2015
42 of 2,045

There's a job post I saw and got invited a few weeks ago which is:

I need 4 freelancers,Whom are strictly  in deadline any more, I do not see who born or die 2.Time to time delivery 3. No spelling error,grammar error,Copy Scape pass is a must,4. If time wrong me inform Odesk (only time),5.High communication , I am to exactly say when you are working as a full time.Thanks

I got an invitation, the budget was $200, so I accepted. the employer send me two attachments without a message first. this contained passport copy his, from two angles. I go back to odesk to respond and I see his message, which went somehting liek this 'I want to make moeny online'.

I just ended the contract and moved on, but then the skype id has been shared already, so that went for another round of blocking. All this happened after a series of (oddly 2 days) tryin to converse ith this perosnn. I was fair as I thought he would. But now, just LOL

Geo Maria George
prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
43 of 2,045
Thank you for your post, Geomaria. That was like a beautiful dissonant symphony.
sarapiovesan
Ace Contributor
Sara P Member Since: Jul 22, 2010
44 of 2,045

I need about 55 pages translated asap!

ONLY APPLY IF YOU CAN WORK THIS WEEKEND

Deadline: Monday

Budget: 200USD

Do clients like this have a slight idea of what  translating means...?

stephenbrightman
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
45 of 2,045

They might be very small pages...

aeiuli
Iuliana A Member Since: Mar 2, 2015
46 of 2,045

No, most probably they never translated a page in their life. I mean, it's not like it's impossible to do those pages in two days, I know I did once, but of course, it depends how many errors you are willing to accept....or how many hours of sleep you can function with...

mickenpa
Ace Contributor
Michele P Member Since: Mar 2, 2016
47 of 2,045

2 hour ago

write 298 profiles on cat & dog breeds.

average approximately 425 words with a minimum of 375 words and a maximum of 650.

Each profile will contain 6 headings.

writer must then also provide a rating out of 5 for each 

Fixed - $2000

mwiggenhorn
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
48 of 2,045

I've actually seen the dog and cat reviews posted before - maybe a couple of months ago.  Guess he/she didn't like the freelancer they hired!

battershall-ramo
Community Guru
Ramon B Member Since: Jan 11, 2015
49 of 2,045

Oh well, I expect they'll survive...

you have toread the attachment very carefully and then send me back i will reject all who will not read the file. I WILL REJECT ALL WHO SEND ME WITHOUT VIEW THE ATTACHMENT !! Good luck

pandoraharper
Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
50 of 2,045

@Ramon B wrote:

Oh well, I expect they'll survive...

you have toread the attachment very carefully and then send me back i will reject all who will not read the file. I WILL REJECT ALL WHO SEND ME WITHOUT VIEW THE ATTACHMENT !! Good luck

Ramon, please do not think this is a slam on your lanuage skills if the answer is no, but is that direct from the job description? If so, said Client really really really needs to hire a professional job post writer. Eeesh.

Also, this thread has been become very interestesting! My 2 clients are keeping me busy and I can't visit the forums everyday, but this thread is a total scream. Thanks to all of you contributing!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS