Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crazy Job Postings

battershall-ramo
Community Guru
Ramon B Member Since: Jan 11, 2015
71 of 2,045

Yes, I don't think 'initiated by client' means much in itself. You often see people on $50+ an hour being sent invitations from overoptimistic clients for jobs which are really going to be more like $1 an hour!

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
72 of 2,045
re: "I have perfomed mystery shppoing( public transport) and have god command of english"

Wow!
I wish I had "god command of English."

I wonder what that's like.

I wonder if he speaks like Thor... Or if it means he has the same level of English language ability that God has...but if that is the case, would that mean that God doesn't know how to use English capitalization, spelling and grammar properly?
battershall-ramo
Community Guru
73 of 2,045

He also claims to work as a 'proofred' and in a Job Center. If the first one sounds unlikely, I can totally believe the second. (Unless his standard of literacy rendered him overqualified to work in a UK Job Center, of course.)

martina_plaschka
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
74 of 2,045

he probably got red in the face from all that proofreding.....

numbsain
Community Guru
Ray C Member Since: Jun 17, 2015
75 of 2,045

I would imagine English would be a second language for God.

battershall-ramo
Community Guru
76 of 2,045

I reckon that's going to take more than a proofread!

Budget $10 Proofread a 1600 Word academic essay - I want it to reach distinction standard. You will have at least a masters degree(distinction). PhD or higher preferred.
david_gregory
Community Guru
David G Member Since: Oct 6, 2011
77 of 2,045

I just saw a posting that wanted to pay $10 to proofread 70,000 words. And they wanted you to count every typing mistake you found and let them know how many there were.

But apparently it's a "very enjoyable read" so I guess it's okay. The really sad thing is there are already seven applicants with an average bid of $7.50.

And to top it all off, this isn't even a job that's designated as a good fit. I guess if you take the budget into account it's not but I thought they didn't look at bugets.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
78 of 2,045
re: "I just saw a posting that wanted to pay $10 to proofread 70,000 words."

How big are the words?
numbsain
Community Guru
Ray C Member Since: Jun 17, 2015
79 of 2,045

But apparently it's a "very enjoyable read" so I guess it's okay. The really sad thing is there are already seven applicants with an average bid of $7.50.

Somebody said "WUW! TAN dollors tu prufreed savunty thowzind werds!?# Thets a lart iv munny! I kan du batter thin that! Ayl taykk fayve dullards!!

ml_gomez
Marie Lois Melchor G Member Since: Nov 8, 2015
80 of 2,045

Looks like the client used Google Translate! Haha

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS