Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crazy Job Postings

dzadza
Community Guru
Sanja D Member Since: Dec 18, 2013
81 of 2,045

I just saw a job posting from a "client" looking for a graphic designer to join their "team". They need 5-25 logos done per week and they pay fantastic $1.5 per logo. Client's average hourly rate paid is $2.49. Already 10 proposals...

...as Darth Vader would say: "Impressive....most impressive..."

mtngigi
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
82 of 2,045

It's unbelievable, isn't it. And of course someone will take the work.

I received an invite this morning to design a totally awesome large conferance sign with about 4-5 images of artwork and photos (all supplied by me of course).

The budget ... $15.

I like when it's an invite, because then I get to tell the client working for free doesn't pay the bills.

pandoraharper
Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
83 of 2,045

@Sanja D wrote:

I just saw a job posting from a "client" looking for a graphic designer to join their "team". They need 5-25 logos done per week and they pay fantastic $1.5 per logo. Client's average hourly rate paid is $2.49. Already 10 proposals...

@That's just sad. Having said this, @Sanja, feel free to head over to this thread for chuckles and grins:

Crazy Job Postings: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Coffee-Break/Crazy-Job-Postings/m-p/134063#M8429

mtngigi
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
84 of 2,045

@Pandora H wrote:

@Sanja D wrote:

@That's just sad. Having said this, @Sanja, feel free to head over to this thread for chuckles and grins:

Crazy Job Postings: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Coffee-Break/Crazy-Job-Postings/m-p/134063#M8429

Funny, Pandora ... I was thinking that's where it should go, too. Although that post has gotten rather lengthy. We can start a new one. Part II.

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
85 of 2,045

lol I'd LOVE to see what they get. Reminds me of the chick in the designer section with a portfolio full of stick figures with the spraycan tool in Paint. lol

I get spam emails from SEO exparts who tell me that they have 1500 designers on staff. I figure this is where they get their 1500 and they post jobs like yours.

mfmaxwell
Community Leader
Fernanda M Member Since: Apr 10, 2016
86 of 2,045

Sure, I got my master's degree just to tackle $10 jobs, of course!!!!

Geeeeeeeeeeeeez

vedney
Calvin B Member Since: Jan 30, 2015
87 of 2,045
I think I actually saw that post.

Even where I live, $7.50 can't buy you more than a pizza.
yitwail
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
88 of 2,045

@Calvin B wrote:
I think I actually saw that post.

Even where I live, $7.50 can't buy you more than a pizza.

But is it a really large pizza with lots of toppings? Cat Tongue 

Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
89 of 2,045

Get my pizzas from a Zen Buddhist pizzeria just round the corner. They make me one with everything

Smiley FrustratedSmiley Very Happy

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
90 of 2,045
I have actually been hiring oDesk contractors from India to make pizza for me. Great pizzas. They only charge $3/hr so I save a ton on labor. Unfortunately the shipping charges have been way more than I thought they would be, so I'm thinking about looking for a local pizzeria again.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS