🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Curious if folks saw this blog post by UW
Page options
m_sharman
Community Member

Curious if folks saw this blog post by UW

Freelancer Communication 

I stumbled across this blog today and found it very interesting. Of course, my cyncial nature tells me the clients who need to read this won't, and the ones who might read it, already behave in this manner.

11 REPLIES 11
florydev
Community Member

They should make this required to become a client. I also feel like many freelancers should embrace the message here as well.
joansands
Community Member

I think it is great. Thanks for posting.

65dab6ce
Community Member

Great article! I do hope clients take this to heart.

michael_skaggs
Community Member

Miriam H wrote:

Of course, my cyncial nature tells me the clients who need to read this won't...

Glad I'm not the only one thinking that!

Glad to see that U reads what we've been writing for years and then acted on it (finally) by hiring the writer to do a blog.

Yes, it should be mandatory scanning for all buyers ... but that ain't gonna happen.

I'd love to see it be mandatory reading followed by a comprehension quiz.

Yes, it would drive off new clients, but probably the ones who wouldn't take the advice to heart anyway.

creativedigit
Community Member

One of the best blogposts I read on Upwork. The video is also great. Thanks for sharing, Miriam.
lysis10
Community Member

Gonna humblebrag that I worked with Carey and she's very cool to work with and I think she's a great writer.

Good blog - synthesized from the great free content to be found in these forums - whether clients (I could name one recent low-paying client in particular) will actually read it - and take it on board if they do - is moot. 

Aww! Hi, Jennifer! I loved working with you, too! Thanks for the nice comment. Made my day!

alphazomgy
Community Member

That was great. They should send this out in an email to all clients, would probably improve profits/client satisfaction.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths