cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Service Incentive

Community Guru
Scott B Member Since: Nov 20, 2015
1 of 26

I received an email from UW today offering me $100 if I bring a customer service professional to the platform and they earn at least $500 by mid-April. At first I thought this was to get CS people for UW proper but obviously it turned out to be as a freelancer. Found it odd that UW is singling out this specific profession to create an incentive program around. Perhaps CS is an area UW feels they don't have enough strong freelance talent in? I think they are sending this out to all Top Rated as my area specifically is not in Customer Service. Ok, well, we are all in the customer service business, but you know what I mean.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 26

Yeah... I received that email as well...

It makes it seem like Upwork is strenuously looking for customer service reps.

Which surprises me. I would have thought that they're easy to find.

Community Guru
3 of 26

Preston H wrote:

Yeah... I received that email as well...

It makes it seem like Upwork is strenuously looking for customer service reps.

Which surprises me. I would have thought that they're easy to find.

They are but like most things, good one's are hard to find. That's true across all professions of course but perhaps to UW the CS freelancer is a low hanging fruit that they feel they should be doing better with.  [shurgs]

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 26

I can't refer anybody.

Everybody I know already works as an Upwork customer service representative for free by spending inordinate time answering questions in the Community Forum.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
5 of 26

Hi Scott, and Preston, 

At times there are specific skill areas where we see more freelancers than available jobs. When it comes to other jobs, however, there might be too few freelancers in our marketplace with the needed skills. 

Please also know that we have offered this referral promotion to all Top Rated freelancers in the U.S.

-Avery
Untitled
Community Guru
6 of 26

Thanks, Avery. There must really be an imbalance in this area. I am surprised that CS produces too few freelancers, but again perhaps it's too few good ones. 

Community Guru
Kim F Member Since: Aug 26, 2015
7 of 26

"Please also know that we have offered this referral promotion to all Top Rated freelancers in the U.S."

I'm not in the US and I received it.

Community Guru
Janean L Member Since: Apr 6, 2016
8 of 26

Kim says that she is NOT in the U.S. and she received this offer.

I am a Top-Rated Freelancer who IS in the U.S. and I did NOT receive this offer.

Morgan F Member Since: Aug 25, 2016
9 of 26

Hey Avery - will there be any way for us to see or track people who have signed up with our link?

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
10 of 26

Hi Morgan,

It doesn't look like you will be able to track people who have signed up with your personal link. I will confirm this with the team and I will get back to you if I have more information.

However, if any of the people you refer avail of your personal link earn at least $500 in customer service projects before the end of the program (April 15, 2019), you’ll receive an email congratulating you and a $100 credit will be added to your Upwork account (you’ll see it in your Transaction History). No Upwork fees will be charged on this amount and you may withdraw it as you would any earnings.

-Avery
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS