🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Re: Customer Service?
Page options
boshoffirene
Community Member

Customer Service?

And so I do something today that I have not done in a very long time - clicked the 'My Stats' tab on my profile. And lo and behold what do I notice under the 'Marketing Effectiveness' portion? It explains my effectiveness 'Among freelancers in Customer Service'. Is what I do customer service? I was not aware of that...or has something changed that I am unaware of? Does yours reflect what you actually do, or do you also have some or other strange category on file?

14 REPLIES 14
mwiggenhorn
Community Member

Mine says Translation this morning.  In the past it has said Writing.  Wrong and wrong.

Mary W wrote:

Mine says Translation this morning.  In the past it has said Writing.  Wrong and wrong.

Mine  doesn't say anything at all other than "Marketing Effectiveness" without specifying (fortunately) . I am sure if it did specify, it would say I was a useless as a web developer, which would be entirely true as this is not one of my skills, although my job feed page seems to think otherwise. 

24 hours later and apparently I still do customer service Smiley Frustrated

Irene B wrote:

24 hours later and apparently I still do customer service Smiley Frustrated

I guess that explains that when I've tried doing a search for something like presentation design, half of the people on the first three pages don't actually do that.

Hi Mary, 

I'm sorry I missed including you in my reply. But I also checked your account. I will come back here once I have more information.

~ Avery
Upwork
a_lipsey
Community Member

I must be the only person who really doesn't care about these stats. Supposedly I'm compared to other writers, but that's an interesting idea considering  I work in a specific niche and it's not very comparable to a lot of the writing subfields here on Upwork. However, apparently I've been viewed less, but interviewed far more, and hired less (I think that last one is due to the fact that I usually find that it's not a viable client in the interview stage so I walk away). I really do not find these stats useful at all. 

Amanda L wrote:

I must be the only person who really doesn't care about these stats. Supposedly I'm compared to other writers, but that's an interesting idea considering  I work in a specific niche and it's not very comparable to a lot of the writing subfields here on Upwork. However, apparently I've been viewed less, but interviewed far more, and hired less (I think that last one is due to the fact that I usually find that it's not a viable client in the interview stage so I walk away). I really do not find these stats useful at all. 

I doubt that anyone other than newcomers who haven't been hired much care about these stats. I suspect, though, that most of us care whether we're showing up in searches for the services we offer or in searches for some unrelated field that won't bring us any work.

bizwriterjohn
Community Member

Hello.

Take a screenshot
Connect with Upwork contractor support on the chat facility

It usually takes < 30 seconds to get a customer support

Ask them to help.

John B wrote:

Hello.

Take a screenshot
Connect with Upwork contractor support on the chat facility

It usually takes < 30 seconds to get a customer support

Ask them to help.

Please don't call CS about bugs. If everyone did that CS would have no time left for dealing with stuff that they actually can do something about. Much better to report bugs here in the forum.

lysis10
Community Member

For giggles, I checked mine. Still writer. Upwork occasionally mistakes me for a programmer but this time they got it right.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Irene, 

I'm sorry if we missed responding to your post. I'll go ahead and look into this and I'll get back to you once I have more information about this issue.

~ Avery
Upwork

I'm still a "translator"... not.

So, someone (mod) opened a ticket for me about this, which I very much appreciate. 

The response is hilarious - I've applied to 2 jobs recently so they go from that.  Both jobs were for medical chronologies, which is pretty much what I do.  Both had "English" as a requirement (duh) so I guess that's apparently how I became a translator.  SMH.

Mary W wrote:

So, someone (mod) opened a ticket for me about this, which I very much appreciate. 

The response is hilarious - I've applied to 2 jobs recently so they go from that.  Both jobs were for medical chronologies, which is pretty much what I do.  Both had "English" as a requirement (duh) so I guess that's apparently how I became a translator.  SMH.

This explains so much!

Latest Articles
Learning Paths