Page options
boulbayam_lukman
Community Member

Dark theme

We need a dark theme for upwork it's so bright at night 😄 😄 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

copy and paste this URL: 

chrome://flags/#enable-force-dark

change Auto Dark Mode for Web Contents to "Enabled with selective inversion of non-image elements"

2a05aa63_0-1692008561874.pngor

you can use extenstion, like this for Chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dark-reader/eimadpbcbfnmbkopoojfekhnkhdbieeh

View solution in original post

181 REPLIES 181

Long story short, upwork make that option or not, doesnt matter.

Just search for darkmode extension for whatever browser you are using and you will be able to turn any website dark with just one click.

I’ve just installed my extension for safari.

Problem solved!!

Cheers...

You have my voice, bro

Here's a qucik rendition on how it might look based on the job feed. Would really love to have this option as working at night with all that #FFFFFF and #F2F2F2 around is a tad bit tiresome.

**edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Vladimir, 

I'm sorry I had to edit your post as your screen grab contained private information such as your name, and job post names. 

Feel free to upload the screen grab again, making sure to black out your profile name, and your job feed. Thank you for your understanding.

~ Avery
Upwork

I'm sorry I had to edit your post as your screen grab contained private information such as your name, and job post names. 

Hey Avery, uhm lol... there was NO private information as I did put "Name Surname" instead of my real name and surname. Also, the job posts were edited to keep the private information private; so they were just examples. Robot Frustrated

So here's the reupload.

Please note: I've changed the job post descriptions to the more obvious "Lorem ipsum" text but the name still is "Name Surname", so NONE of the informations (including countries to be extra safe) are real.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I really have no idea why y'all keep deleting this image. It's kinda funny how much you just don't read or look at the posts but edit them mechanically. But hey, I can try agin, lol. Third time's a charm. I'm repeating again: NO INFO IS REAL. NO PRIVATE INFORMATION IS IN THE SCREENSHOT. The text is 'Lorem Ipsum' template and locations/places 'Wakanda' and 'Narnia', It's a dumb example of how you can add an improvement to Upwork. Just an option.

up_green_second_try.png

I would love a dark mode option here.

Hi Vladimir, 
How did you do that? I have been trying with extensions, but nothing worked out. Sorry for disturbing!

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Noha,

Is there anything I can assist you with? Could you please share more details regarding your post? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Please share the details that how can we convert Upwork in dark mode/ Night mode.

Good idea! But I think upwork have do some more important things to do.

4391e5cc
Community Member

Well, I for one would like it bumped up the priority list. I have the messages window open a lot, often in the evenings, and even with f.lux or night mode settings it's still a bit of an eye sore.

f391eeb4
Community Member

I would say it's pretty important and still not done. I intentially have to keep another tab open because the page is way too bright.

Long story short, upwork make that option or not, doesnt matter.

Just search for darkmode extension for whatever browser you are using and you will be able to turn any website dark with just one click.

I’ve just installed my extension for safari.

Problem solved!!

Cheers..

I think it is right.

dzmir10
Community Member

UpWork needs a dark theme. what do you think guys?

I see that you're a hacker, friend. Why don't you do it yourself? Smiley LOL

2a05aa63
Community Member

You sir, are the hero of this forum. I'm sure many of my counterparts in here have had the same issues with the chrome extension not working with upwork and now it's working like a charm. Thanks buddy!

tani_ali
Community Member

I need the dark theme mode for upwork. I am suffering many issue while working in darker area. Is there is any aplicable solution from upwork?
Thank you 

Hi Tanzeel,

Unfortunately at the moment, we don't have a dark theme available for Upwork. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

copy and paste this URL: 

chrome://flags/#enable-force-dark

change Auto Dark Mode for Web Contents to "Enabled with selective inversion of non-image elements"

2a05aa63_0-1692008561874.pngor

you can use extenstion, like this for Chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dark-reader/eimadpbcbfnmbkopoojfekhnkhdbieeh

Savage! 🤖

Thank you 🙂 

I use Dark Reader and it works well. The request for a dark mode is years old, and is ignored.

**bleep** you changed my life man HAHAHA 

you are saver of my eyes 
thank you

This one works the best, Even I am on a dark mode now with this extension that he recommended.

Thanks & Regards,
Shameel Arif | Professional Web Developer

You Sir, are a legend.

thank you brother, just saved my eyes

tikus
Community Member

Dark grey would be nice.

toshimself
Community Member

Hey guys, I've got this app updated every week and still no dark theme in the Upwork Time tracker windows app?

I bet most of the freelancers working at night so it should be extremely useful.

Everyone who need this, let's give some kudos to this topic for Upwork Dev Team to add this option!

Yup, it's frustrating that I always end up uninstalling the app every once a while. It's just too **bleep** bright. Is it that hard to implement dark mode into an Electron-based app? 🤔

time_travel_guy
Community Member

hell yeah

pandoraharper
Community Member

+1

sazzad0071
Community Member

Hi , Now these days every apps adding their feature with dark heme mode. Every body knows about the benefits of dark mode with visual comfort. May I ask how long upwork will take steps to add dark theme mode feature ???

Hi Mohammad,

Thank you for your feedback, I will share it with our team. Once we have any plans for introducing a dark mode we will be sure to announce it here in the Community. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

a dark theme would be  super useful as the current color scheme is very eye straining

I doubt this will be high up on their list of things to do.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths