Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Dark Mode

alejandrg
Ace Contributor
Aliaksandr H Member Since: Oct 15, 2015
61 of 73

In 2020 lots of sites support dark themes. Some examples include search engines, social networks, video hostings, source code hostings, message boards. 
Many of them detect which theme is set in the current OS or browser using the `prefers-color-scheme-dark` CSS media query and apply the same theme to the site . More info can be found by searching `prefers-color-scheme-dark` on the internet. Other sites allow to switch themes manually. And some of them can change theme either manually or sync it with OS depending on the user's choice. Also all major operating systems and browsers have dark themes.

I know that there are dark user styles and browser extensions which replace site backgrounds with dark colors, but result frequently looks bad and after any changes of the site structure and site CSS styles these user styles and extensions might stop working properly. So native dark site themes are always preferred. And in case of Upwork apps there's no way to use such extensions. 

So I think it's time to implement dark theme for Upwork site, Upwork desktop tracker app and Upwork mobile apps.  Dark themes save my eyes so much when working at night and I will be so grateful to Upwork team for a dark theme. 

pkbrooks
Ace Contributor
Keith B Member Since: May 15, 2019
62 of 73

Finally a plugin that works.  thanks for posting that.

vinod111
Community Leader
Vinod M Member Since: Sep 27, 2017
63 of 73

Looking forward to seeing this in the new year...

humbled
Ace Contributor
James M Member Since: Oct 8, 2018
64 of 73

this is such a good idea

aishak344
Mawra W Member Since: May 4, 2021
65 of 73
Unpopular opinion. While you guys are on upgrading things around here, a Dark Mode for Upwork would be excellent. Thanks in advance! 😁
tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
66 of 73

Hi Mawra,

Thanks for your feedback. It has been suggested here in the community already, but I'll be happy to share it again with the team. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
kinector
Community Guru
Mikko R Member Since: Dec 26, 2015
67 of 73
Mawra, I'd love a dark them too! 😍

It would make be feel like the Dark Knight every single time I logged in and typed some messages to clients. πŸ€ͺ

But as this has been suggested before and we're still waiting it to happen, I wouldn't hold my breath. 🀭

So, I guess we need to bring all that darkness into this platform by ourselves. 😈

Would be glad to work with you on this! 🀣
aishak344
68 of 73
Mikko, I don't know about others but if we unite, we can summon all the darkness from nightmares and unleash it here on Upwork! *Evil laugh*
All you people better join us... Or be the victim! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
abinadab-agbo
Community Guru
Abinadab A Member Since: Sep 26, 2016
69 of 73

Mawra W wrote:
Unpopular opinion. While you guys are on upgrading things around here, a Dark Mode for Upwork would be excellent. Thanks in advance! 😁

It's dead simple to force dark mode onto errything.

All you need do is open the hidden Chrome menu and turn it on.

Note that this won't end the blinding green but it will go some ways.

aishak344
70 of 73
Tried it. Didn't get the kick I get from Insta's dark theme. I'm a NYCTOPHILE! I WANT DARKNESS! 🌚🌚
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS