Dark theme

Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
51 of 61

+1

Ace Contributor
Mohammad Sazzad H Member Since: Nov 21, 2018
52 of 61

Hi , Now these days every apps adding their feature with dark heme mode. Every body knows about the benefits of dark mode with visual comfort. May I ask how long upwork will take steps to add dark theme mode feature ???

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
53 of 61

Hi Mohammad,

Thank you for your feedback, I will share it with our team. Once we have any plans for introducing a dark mode we will be sure to announce it here in the Community. Thank you.

Untitled
Andi S Member Since: Apr 27, 2017
54 of 61

a dark theme would be  super useful as the current color scheme is very eye straining

Community Leader
Jason B Member Since: Jan 3, 2020
55 of 61

I doubt this will be high up on their list of things to do.

Sofia M Member Since: Nov 22, 2018
56 of 61

At least just the the time tracker app... I use chrome with a dark mode extension that works just fine... the web looks pretty cool and my eyes are so grateful, I get headaches so easy with any flash of light, I gotta be carefull or I gotta take like at least an hour out of the light just to avoid a migraine....
 Not trying to be dramatic, but just a reminder, whenever you got the time upwork ppl, but please soon. Thanks! 

Ramiandrisoa A Member Since: Aug 26, 2020
57 of 61
Hi everyone,
Is there any change, any update? Do upwork have a dark mode now? Especially on mobile phone app?

Thanks
Ace Contributor
Richard R Member Since: Jun 22, 2018
58 of 61

There is a chrome extension that can be used for the internet version
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dark-reader/eimadpbcbfnmbkopoojfekhnkhdbieeh?hl=en-US

Ace Contributor
Aliaksandr H Member Since: Oct 15, 2015
59 of 61

In 2020 lots of sites support dark themes. Some examples are **Edited for Community Guidelines**
 Many of them detect which theme is set in current OS or browser and apply the same theme to the site using the `prefers-color-scheme-dark` CSS media query. More info: **Edited for Community Guidelines** Other sites allow to switch themes manually. And some them can change theme either manually or sync it with OS depending on site settings. Also all major operating systems and browsers have dark themes.

I know that there are several browser extensions which replace site backgrounds with dark colors, but result frequently looks bad. So native dark site themes are always preferred. And in case of Upwork apps there's no way to use such extensions. 

So I think it's time to implement dark theme for Upwork site, Upwork desktop tracker app and Upwork mobile apps.  Dark themes save my eyes so much when working at night and I will be so grateful to Upwork team for a dark theme.

Ace Contributor
Keith B Member Since: May 15, 2019
60 of 61

Finally a plugin that works.  thanks for posting that.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS