🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Do not apply 2xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - submitted ...
Page options
dataextract
Community Member

Do not apply 2xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - submitted by Upwork QA (QA-31762)

Do not apply 2xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - submitted by Upwork QA (QA-31762)

Submitted as part of release testing by Upwork QA

These kind of job postings are in my feed very regularly and at times very continuously. Infact for the past several weeks these test posts are higher than the original job postings. In the past one hour I have seen atleast 6 such posts. And they are being posted round the clock. 

Why dont Upwork hide these test posts from all users but only to the admins to test?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ramesh,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I can confirm the jobs you're referring to are posted publicly by design. I communicated with the team recently and can assure the Community our team is using this approach only when necessary. We understand at times the frequency of these jobs might appear higher than usual and while we'll share your feedback with the team, you can continue skipping these jobs when reviewing your job feed. Thank you.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
chhickish
Community Member

Not sure what kind of wacky change management/testing procedures they are following that these posts end up being in production, In every job I ever worked in testing in Production would've got me in deep trouble.

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ramesh,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I can confirm the jobs you're referring to are posted publicly by design. I communicated with the team recently and can assure the Community our team is using this approach only when necessary. We understand at times the frequency of these jobs might appear higher than usual and while we'll share your feedback with the team, you can continue skipping these jobs when reviewing your job feed. Thank you.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

It is exceptionally irritating especially as my job feed is mostly packed with either irrelevant or low-budget jobs. 

a_elkady
Community Member

Hello Freelancers,

I assume we can all understand that a software needs to be tested before launch. However as upwork users how convenient do you guys find the "Test" posts by upwork quality staff appearing on the jobs listing page?. The numbers are growing day after day..  It's not that annoying yet but it looks odd as if we're using a test environment or a staging one. 

I hope my post won't offend any body but it's worth a check on the community opinion about this..

Good Luck hunting jobs

Latest Articles
Learning Paths