🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Does Upwork use Upwork?
Page options
cashmorevoice
Community Member

Does Upwork use Upwork?

I just heard an Upwork commercial on Pandora. I can't help but wonder if they used freelancers to make it happen. Hmm, who wrote the copy and did the voiceover?

10 REPLIES 10
nkocendova
Community Member

Hi Elaine,

I can confirm that Upwork does use freelancers. We wouldn't be able to share specific information regarding who was involved in a particular campaign or commercial however.

~Nina

Hi Elaine,

Upwork previously confirmed that the campaign was done by a traditional advertising agency.

allpurposewriter
Community Member

Moreover, does Upwork use Upwork to hire freelancers? What happens then? Does the company pay itself its bleepity-bleep-bleep fee?

@Anthony H wrote:

Moreover, does Upwork use Upwork to hire freelancers? What happens then? Does the company pay itself its bleepity-bleep-bleep fee?

The company does not. The freelancer does, unless they are employed under Payroll.

Point taken.

@Anthony H wrote:

Anthony, do you feel Upwork should provide this infrastructure and staff for free? What do you see as a viable alternative to the fee you apparently resent?

resultsassoc
Community Member

I was an executive with the Fortune 500 company that invented outsourcing. The sales message was sound: Stick to your core business, and outsource everything that you wouldn't offer to other companies as a paid service.

I asked the CEO why we were running our own HQ cafeteria, and to what other companies did we intend to outsource cafeteria management? The RFP for cafeteria management went out the next week.

Petra & Wendy, the ad agency in question *could* have hired a freelancer to work on the project, so we can't rule out UW participating in the campaign indirectly.

It would be hilarious if they didn't thought lol.

But i suppouse they do and not share information of who are the ones involved.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths