Jonathan H Member Since: Jun 19, 2019
11 of 14

ahhhh - lightbulb!

but, im not gonna ask about the gain - im not interested Smiley LOL

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
12 of 14

Mary W wrote:

Really, it should be fairly simple to make it impossible for a poster to mark their own response to the original question as "solved".  Really?  You solved your own problem?  Or are you just, for some unknowable ego-based reason, trying to boost yourself as a Top Solution Author?  Good grief, get a life...

Completely agree. 

Community Guru
Phyllis G Member Since: Sep 8, 2016
13 of 14

I can envision a situation wherein choosing your own comment as the solution would make sense:

OP asks a process question and subsequently finds or figures out the answer, or realizes the question was rooted in a misunderstanding, or something like that. So she makes that clarification in a comment and makes it the solution, for the benefit of others who might have had the same question or been potentially confused by her question.

Like everything else, it's subject to misuse. I think the only way to fool-proof the platform is at the door.

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
14 of 14

Phyllis G wrote:

I can envision a situation wherein choosing your own comment as the solution would make sense:

OP asks a process question and subsequently finds or figures out the answer, or realizes the question was rooted in a misunderstanding, or something like that. So she makes that clarification in a comment and makes it the solution, for the benefit of others who might have had the same question or been potentially confused by her question.

Like everything else, it's subject to misuse. I think the only way to fool-proof the platform is at the door.

It's great when people take the initiative to find what are usually ready answers to their questions. But all they have to do is come back and edit their post to update it. Self-solving oneself is not necessary.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS