🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Does staying online more usually gets you mor...
Page options
mariouranjek
Community Member

Does staying online more usually gets you more job invitations?

Im just curious, will a client more likely send you a job invitation if they saw that green online curcle next to your profile pic?

5 REPLIES 5
voskerchian
Community Member

Hi Mario.

It really depends, if they need a work to be done asap, being online may make them choose you, instead of others who are not online but is not the same every time.

cupidmedia
Community Member

As a client I have only ever cared about this once, when I needed an urgent task completed within an hour, and I sent invites to some online freelancers. But normally I don't send invites at all, because I get plenty of applications without them. So I'm probably not a typical client use case.

I have not noticed it having any significant effect.

webtech29
Community Member

I think people usually prefer online freelancers so that they can talk with them on that time, In this way they can check thatis freelance suitable for thier job to hire.     If we talk about our profile ranking I'm not sure but i think being online has not any effect on profile ranking. It do not increase any ranking . 

A few months ago, I needed a small task to be done right away. Being able to see which freelancers were online helped me, as I was able to invite them and get an answer pretty soon afterwards.

Also, once I was contacted and asked to translate a letter right away. From those two experiences, I can guess that being online gets you invites, but mostly for small jobs.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths