cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dorian

Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
21 of 24

Pat, from a face on shot, she bears a strong resemblance to a coyote. Smiley Wink

This is from the day I picked her up during the aftermath of the last hurricane.  Akela was none too happy as you can tell.

Carolina Dogs (aka American Dingo although most avoid the term for obvious reasons) are the earliest dogs in North America.  They've run wild for generations and interbred so they are very few with 100% classic lines, etc.  This interbreeding is probably why they have survived.  Ohana looks more like a classic CD than Akela but their personality quirks are identical.  As are the prehensile paws.

Akela & S'Ohana 10-25-18 A.JPG

Community Guru
Pat M Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
22 of 24

Wendy, thanks for sharing. Beautiful dogs!  How do they get along with one another now? 

I must confess I had to google "prehensile paws."  Are they able to grasp pretty much everything as if they have hands or only certain things?

Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
23 of 24

Absolutely adore each other now ... it took a while and more than a few bruises on me.  Smiley Wink

Akela is the most mellow dog I've ever known ... and Ohana is on par with a human just beginning to emerge from the terrible 2s. 

Those prehensile paws (almost monkey fingers) can open doors, cabinets (including baby safety locked ones), drawers, bags, etc. and they both "hold" toys like a child does. Both have a proclivity to hold your hand when driving, reading, vegging ....

I've shared this before but when they aren't playing "Jaws Reincarnated" this exemplifies quiet time.A&O Nose 2 nose 12-21-18.jpg

Community Guru
Pat M Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
24 of 24

Glad they get along well now. Ahh, what we do for our fur babies, right?

I well understand monkey fingers as I used to have a Rhesus. He never failed to totally amaze me.

Love the quiet time photo! I try to view most if not all of the critter posts/photos posted but don't remember seeing that one. Thanks for sharing!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS