🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Dreaming of having your own office but the bu...
Page options
aymop
Community Member

Dreaming of having your own office but the budget won't allow?

Freelancers and small business owners like us always dream of our own office, a place where our venture can call "home", where our professional face is smiling to our clients...

but as we all know, renting an office is sometimes beyond our finance reach... we already spend too much for operational subs (like accountant, lawyer, transportation etc.), spending more money on office, office manager, cleaning, kitchen, conference room etc. is out of the question...

I say NO MORE!!!

Lets group up into small clusters in which each cluster can share as many operational function as the cluster likes. It can be as simple as sharing the office manager, conference room, kitchen, housekeeping, communication, and it can progress to sharing more complex functions like car pools, Marketing, CFO (Instead of each paying for accountant company which works fraction of the time for you, each cluster can invest in hiring full time kickass CFO) and so on...

If you like my idea, please share it.

If you are an Israeli and want to join my cluster - just shoot me an email or a message and lets talk.

share & Enjoy

Amichai

5 REPLIES 5
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Amichai,

Thanks for sharing your idea. Upwork allows freelancers to create and run agencies and a lot of existing agencies are very similar to what you are describing - teams of freelancers who work together and often work from the same office. Check out this help article for more information about agencies.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Valeria, I think that what Amichai was referring too was sharing a physical space.

Which is a concept that is known as... coworking.

Like, eh .... https://www.coworker.com/israel

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
aymop
Community Member

Rene, you are correct about me referring to a physical place but with a small but significant difference: each company keeps its own identity, having its own rooms, face, logo etc.

The cluster does not build on working together or for each other. No business strings attached among the cluster entities but the shared resources.

WeWork and CoWork acts as a motel in which everyone is a guest and the operational facilities are services owned by the motel. I’m referring to a place in which the operational facilities are co-owned by the entities that form the cluster, and each entity feels and works in its own "home".

the difference might sound minute, but it is actually huge.

versailles
Community Member

It's like having your own coworking place that is co-owned by its occupants.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless

This sounds like a "capitalist commune". I love the idea.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths