🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Dwayne Johnson just applied to my job post!
Page options
creativedigit
Community Member

Dwayne Johnson just applied to my job post!

Want to hear what's even funnier? Upwork recommended Dwayne as a "Best Match", LOL.

**edited for Community Guidelines**

12 REPLIES 12
hoyle_editing
Community Member

WOW 'best match' - that must be some job you posted!

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Wassim,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you.
Our team will investigate the profile further and take proper actions. I will also escalate this to our team to review our recommendation feature as well. If you would like to share any additional details with me, feel free to reach out via PM. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Crisis in Hollywood. This "actor" has moved to Egypt and is earning $7.50 per hour!

It's amusing...

I am actually impressed and pleased by the extraordinary efforts Upwork has taken to verify freelancer identities and profile photos.

On many sites, including some freelance work platforms, using the photo of a famous celebrity, or using the photo of an anonymous other person, for one's personal avatar photo, would not even be against the site rules.

Upwork's multiple identity verification protocols make doing such a thing quite risky, and likely short-term.

Preston H wrote:

Upwork makes doing such a thing quite risky, and likely short-term.

and "Best Match" - apparently.

lysis10
Community Member

Does he have a blue checkmark? Cuz that would make it even funnier. 

researchediting
Community Member

Maybe he could take on some of the academic fraud jobs that Upwork's search results keep telling me are "interesting."

alphazomgy
Community Member

But his/her identity wasn't verified. I feel like a kid must have made this account. 

No, it wasn't verified.

If it was verified, with that fake photo, we would rightfully point out that there is a huge problem with the identity verification process.

As things work now, the user's use of a celebrity photo probably caused his account to be flagged and reviewed, and hastened the demise of his account.

For the record... unlike the fake freelancer who used the celebrity photo... Dwayne Johnson is not in any way Egyptian, although he sometimes plays Egyptians in movies, including the role of Mathayus, and his upcoming title role in "Black Adam"... if that film ever gets made.

This is the job he should be applying for since it is for the WWE:

https://www.upwork.com/ab/jobs/search/details/~016131af78688cb5cf/?q=wwe&sort=recency&user_location_...

The pay is rather low, especially since they expect candidates to relocate.

The odd thing is I remember maybe 10-11 years ago WWE was hiring programmers on here for really low rates. But this account doesn't seem to be linked to any past hiring by them. Maybe another fake account?

Edit: I just found another job posted by the WWE under another account. It seems to me they are just using Upwork to advertise jobs they are actually hiring for off the platform.

https://www.upwork.com/ab/jobs/search/details/~01a016f3bb546395d6/?q=wwe&sort=recency&user_location_...

lysis10
Community Member

Nicole H wrote:

This is the job he should be applying for since it is for the WWE:

https://www.upwork.com/ab/jobs/search/details/~016131af78688cb5cf/?q=wwe&sort=recency&user_location_...

The pay is rather low, especially since they expect candidates to relocate.

The odd thing is I remember maybe 10-11 years ago WWE was hiring programmers on here for really low rates. But this account doesn't seem to be linked to any past hiring by them. Maybe another fake account?

Edit: I just found another job posted by the WWE under another account. It seems to me they are just using Upwork to advertise jobs they are actually hiring for off the platform.

https://www.upwork.com/ab/jobs/search/details/~01a016f3bb546395d6/?q=wwe&sort=recency&user_location_...

This is a good find. 5 jobs posted 0% hire rate and FT job recruiting post. If I were a bettin man, I'd say they are taking work off platform.

sivavranagaro
Community Member

He's a funny guy, that Dwayne. I would not be suprised if he has heared about Upwork, if he decided to come here, register and apply for job, just for fun. To mess with us.

Just sayin...