🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » EDUCATION TODAY
Page options
8b0ba30f
Community Member

EDUCATION TODAY

What is the most underated topic in Education?

4 REPLIES 4
d_gebeyehu
Community Member

Although I do not believe in underrated education, I do believe in underrated ways of using education.

Regards,
Daniel
williamtcooper
Community Member

Sylvia,

Economics which is the ability to think. Most people can't think.

Have a wonderful day!

celgins
Community Member

Ethics.

I believe the moral principles that govern human behavior or how people conduct themselves is lacking. It seems more and more people are looking for ways to "get over;" often, at the expense of others.

8467c28e
Community Member

Often, we focus so much on academic achievement and performance that we forget that students are human beings with complex emotions and needs. Emotional intelligence, which encompasses skills such as self-awareness, self-regulation, empathy, and relationship management, is critical for success not just in school, but also in life.

When students have a strong foundation in emotional intelligence, they are better equipped to manage stress and anxiety, form positive relationships with their peers and teachers, and make responsible decisions. Moreover, research has shown that emotional intelligence is a better predictor of success than IQ or academic ability alone.

However, despite the many benefits of emotional intelligence, it is still an underrated topic in education. It's not always a part of the curriculum, and it's not always given the attention it deserves in teacher training programs.

But the good news is that there are ways to incorporate emotional intelligence into the classroom. For example, teachers can start by modeling emotional intelligence themselves, such as by managing their own emotions in front of students and creating a positive classroom environment. They can also incorporate activities that help students develop their emotional intelligence, such as mindfulness exercises, journaling, and role-playing scenarios.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths