cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Economy affecting proposals?

Community Leader
Tom Z Member Since: Jul 10, 2016
1 of 22

Anyone feel any changes in proposals or work here in the current economy?

Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
2 of 22

Tom Z wrote:

Anyone feel any changes in proposals or work here in the current economy?

Whose current economy? America's? There MIGHT be an economic downturn on the horizon, but it hasn't happened yet.

When I look at your profile, you seem to be getting loads of work and making really good money, so I don't understand why you make these worried posts every couple of days?

Community Leader
3 of 22

I make OK money -- I'm just a bit concerned because usually end of August is when I get crazy amounts of proposals and it's been quiet - ever since the update.

Community Guru
Mark F Member Since: Jul 10, 2018
4 of 22

Tom Z wrote:

I make OK money -- I'm just a bit concerned because usually end of August is when I get crazy amounts of proposals and it's been quiet - ever since the update.

Do you mean invites?

Because proposals is the thing you send back to a client, not the the thing you get from a client.  Or do you mean job postings?

Community Leader
5 of 22

Oh yes, invites, and jobs. Very meager. Another guy posted on here Upwork has been slacking in google rankings in job searches in my field so that may be another.

Community Guru
Mark F Member Since: Jul 10, 2018
6 of 22

Tom Z wrote:

Oh yes, invites, and jobs. Very meager. Another guy posted on here Upwork has been slacking in google rankings in job searches in my field so that may be another.

Slacking?

I think you and I have very different expectations for Upwork really.

Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
7 of 22

Mark F wrote:

Tom Z wrote:

Slacking?

I think you and I have very different expectations for Upwork really.

$5K in new projects from June/July plus thousands more from 46 jobs in progress (!), and yet Tom is always in the forum commiserating with newbies who've made little or nothing on Upwork. I wish that I had such problems!

Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
8 of 22

Attention seeking or the 'new and revitalized' Danny M perhaps?

Community Leader
9 of 22

I am a newbie honestly - most of you have been on here much longer than I have, so I'm learning the ropes. I saw this guy with like an impressive 500k, and another lady with impressive 3M profile -- sometimes I am a bit "concerned for nothing" I guess. You know this job is lonely and you guys are my friends in a way and just wanted to get some input on the current situation.

Community Guru
Wassim T Member Since: May 29, 2015
10 of 22
Calling yourself a newbie is like making fun of everyone around. Please, respect our brains.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS