cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elance -> Upwork Migration Humor

Amber F Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
1 of 5

Every day I think I'm getting closer to understanding Upwork - every day I find out I'm wrong. One day...

ezgif.com-optimize.gif

2 of 5

Today's win - managing to get my profile transferred over 

giphy (1).gif

giphy (2).gif

Community Guru
Sanja D Member Since: Dec 18, 2013
3 of 5

ummm....

no.jpg

Andrew H Member Since: Aug 4, 2015
4 of 5

I SEE NO HUMOR IS DYSFUNCTION -

I've used oDesk now Upwork and Elance for three years and am a 'Top Rated' freelancer, for all that's worth.

The priority today is killing Elance and increasing revenue via charging for members/connects and eventually higher commissions that benefit Upwork, not clients or freelancers.

I've needed help for what's soon to be two weeks.

Search hasn't worked for me for 10+ days.   Categories I've searched daily now have ZERO results.

I'm told it's a bug.

But the priority is the Migration.

So I feel used and abused.

I have to use Job Feed as workaround and it's nice to see jobs posted ten minutes ago followed by ones ten days ago.

Incredible, that the world's top freelancer marketplace has come to this.

When a client reaches out after a proposal, when I reply, my contact information is mysteriously censored.

It just gets better and better.

Anyone else suffering with Search and Big Brother issues like I am?

andrew

words-are-my-biz

5 of 5

Andrew - I'm sorry to hear about your search issues. I'm not sure how you measure 'Top Rated' here but I'm in the top 1% of my category on Elance, so I'd like to think I can somewhat relate to your issues.

Unless another platform arises miraculously in the next couple of months, this is where I'll be. Although there are many things I'm less than thrilled about on Upwork I'm just trying to make the best of it. 

giphy (3).gif

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS