🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Endel App free one-month trial
Page options
lenaellis
Community Member

Endel App free one-month trial

As part of our Mindfulness March effort to bring you inspiring, calming, and joyful tips and content, Upwork has partnered with Endel to offer a free one-month trial of their personalized sound environments for our Upwork Community of Talent! 

While meditation and mindfulness are helpful practices in reducing stress and anxiety, they often require an intentional effort. The Endel app seeks to provide a solution that helps you generate focus, relaxation, and sleep when and where you need.

Their Berlin, Germany-based creators wanted to develop a solution to help users focus and relax, but with a unique twist. Endel’s sound environments are created using scientific principles based on sound’s effect on the human body and mind. When using Endel on a wearable device, Endel is able to pull from contextual signals like circadian rhythms (your body’s internal clock) and heart rate to play sounds that help positively affect your cognitive state. 

So check it out if you’d like, with a free trial (absolutely free, no strings attached). 

https://code.endel.io/?code=UpworkCommunity

GeneralArt-Square.png

Learn more about Endel’s scientific research here.

Untitled
7 REPLIES 7
colettelewis
Community Member

So after the free month is up - the cost is about $5.00 per month

Melatonin (with or without music) works a treat - negligible cost and a natural remedy.  

Another good one is a  tea of valerian and chamomile - negligible cost and a natural remedy. 

Passionflower also works - neglibible cost. However, this one makes you dream as well as sleep. My personal jury is still out on this one. The dreams are sometimes disturbing - but  that could just be me. 

Another preference of mine for sleep - is silence - no ambient noise needd

Do not stay up too late in front of your screen, the light will keep you awake. If you go to bed about 10 p.m. (wherever you are in the world),  you might not need any of the above supports. 

So there you go - just a few free tips without any techie stuff to help you to sleep - a good sleep that will also help you work better. Using long words like "cognitive" and "circadian" is so much fluff. 

Nichola L wrote:

So after the free month is up - the cost is about $5.00 per month

Melatonin (with or without music) works a treat - negligible cost and a natural remedy.  

Not for everybody

Another good one is a  tea of valerian and chamomile - negligible cost and a natural remedy. 

Doesn't work for everybody

Passionflower also works - neglibible cost. However, this one makes you dream as well as sleep. My personal jury is still out on this one. The dreams are sometimes disturbing - but  that could just be me. 

Have not tried but would not be interested in prompting disturbing dreams since my objective is restorative sleep.

Another preference of mine for sleep - is silence - no ambient noise needd

I have no control over the ambient noise level outside my house and it can be quite high sometimes.

Do not stay up too late in front of your screen, the light will keep you awake. If you go to bed about 10 p.m. (wherever you are in the world),  you might not need any of the above supports. 

All good sleep hygiene suggestions but having practiced them in various combinations for many years with only marginal success, I can tell you if the Endel app works for me I will consider it a tremendous bargain.

So there you go - just a few free tips without any techie stuff to help you to sleep - a good sleep that will also help you work better. Using long words like "cognitive" and "circadian" is so much fluff. 

Personally, I find sleeping with a weighted blanket and a dog in the bed to be most helpful!

Personally, I'm disappointed (though sadly unsurprised) that 'Mindfulness March' has already turned into a product promotion.  The 'no point in offering free stuff if you can't monetise it later' attitude appears even more tacky with a third of the month left.

Kim F wrote:

Personally, I'm disappointed (though sadly unsurprised) that 'Mindfulness March' has already turned into a product promotion.  The 'no point in offering free stuff if you can't monetise it later' attitude appears even more tacky with a third of the month left.

+1000 Kim thank you for putting so succinctly, what I failed to do! 

Hey Kim, 

This trial is good for one month from when you download it, so you can use it for a full 30 days. This is not restricted to the month of March. 

Untitled

Lena E wrote:

Hey Kim, 

This trial is good for one month from when you download it, so you can use it for a full 30 days. This is not restricted to the month of March. 

I understand that.

It doesn't make it any less a product promotion.  Neither does it change the fact that in order to access the 'free' promotion, you have to supply a variety of personal data. And that to not receive marketing material in the future, you need to actively unsubscribe from it as consent is assumed by registering. 

It does not change the fact that the offer commences in 'mindfulness March' with a third of the month remaining.

I may be wrong in my assumption that some sort of payment is being made by the company behind this to Upwork and there may not be a direct immediate financial advantage. Or I might be right. Who knows?

I still think it's tacky. 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths