🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Re: Everybody's mad but....
Page options
schardo
Community Member

Everybody's mad but....

I'm having a great time Smiley LOL

I found a great client who provides me with steady work in a perfect niche for me. The pay is not great, but it's perfectly acceptable for the sort of work it is, and I like doing it. And it's all I really have time for, anyway.

Granted, I landed this client before my JSS fell into the toilet, but I figured out the likely culprit of that debacle and I'm just not going to do the same dumb things again. Speaking of which, any time I have a question, some kind soul on these forums will certainly answer it. 

AND I still haven't had to pay for connects, because I win a lot of the jobs I send proposals for. (Obviously, because I'm a prodigy). 

I should probably stop because it sounds like I'm gloating, but I just wanted to share my experience. It's not all bad news bears out there, newbies! You can do it! (I'm going to go knock on wood just in case). 

4 REPLIES 4
mwiggenhorn
Community Member

Me, too.  After a real drought year, I just landed a wonderful contract - invitation, no connects - at my full asking price, with lots of work for a long time to come.  Doing my happy dance!

lysis10
Community Member

Sarah C wrote:

I found a great client who provides me with steady work in a perfect niche for me. The pay is not great, but it's perfectly acceptable for the sort of work it is, and I like doing it. And it's all I really have time for, anyway.

Granted, I landed this client before my JSS fell into the toilet, but I figured out the likely culprit of that debacle and I'm just not going to do the same dumb things again. Speaking of which, any time I have a question, some kind soul on these forums will certainly answer it. 

AND I still haven't had to pay for connects, because I win a lot of the jobs I send proposals for. (Obviously, because I'm a prodigy). 

I should probably stop because it sounds like I'm gloating, but I just wanted to share my experience. It's not all bad news bears out there, newbies! You can do it! (I'm going to go knock on wood just in case). 

In 6 months the bad falls out of the 6 month calculation and usually your JSS will shoot back up (I think normally Upwork takes the 6 months unless you have something bad in the 6 month calculation).

a_lipsey
Community Member

Sarah C wrote:

Same. Seems like people could spend less time complaining and more time taking some responsibility like you have and making good business choices. I've got current contracts and others in the works. I'm feeling very positive about the future on UpWork, and hoping they continue to bring in new clients. Is it perfect? No. But nothing is, so...? You learned how to work the system. Good for you. Hope others take your positive attitude. 

tlbp
Community Member

Amanda L wrote:

Sarah C wrote:

Same. Seems like people could spend less time complaining and more time taking some responsibility like you have and making good business choices. I've got current contracts and others in the works. I'm feeling very positive about the future on UpWork, and hoping they continue to bring in new clients. Is it perfect? No. But nothing is, so...? You learned how to work the system. Good for you. Hope others take your positive attitude. 

This is the key, you can either invest your resources in adapting to the environment or trying to force the environment to adapt to you. 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths