🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » FEATURED CONTRIBUTOR
Page options
m_terrazas
Community Member

FEATURED CONTRIBUTOR

Well, we have a new FEATURED CONTRIBUTOR.

Congratulations Mark!!
How are you feeling? Smiley Wink

38 REPLIES 38
florydev
Community Member

Maria T wrote:

Congratulations Mark!!

Thank you.  Someone had to do it, Michael couldn't be up there forever.

I actually feel like complete crap and have been laying around all day watching Mr. Robot.  Does anyone know how many sick days Upwork gives you?

LOL
Well, from what I've heard, I think you won't get bored when you start receiving private messages.
Maybe your good deed becomes a nightmare!
Be strong!

Mark, I was Featured Contributor for what seemed like months a couple of years ago.  I got very few PMs - a couple thinking I worked for UW, a couple who wanted profile help and one who had to get $1800 within 24 hours.  I think my white scared them off but for whatever reason, it wasn't bad at all.

Take heart!!

Mary W wrote:

Mark, I was Featured Contributor for what seemed like months a couple of years ago.  I got very few PMs - a couple thinking I worked for UW, a couple who wanted profile help and one who had to get $1800 within 24 hours.  I think my white scared them off but for whatever reason, it wasn't bad at all.

Take heart!!

Mark, Mary W. is lying. She wanted to be featured contributor again, and bribed the moderators to swing the vote her way. She had a meeting in Trumped-Up Tower with Russians who offered her pictures of you in a Moscow hotel drinking coffee!!!! There is no level too low for her. There's even a rumor she has a blue dress containing the DNA of every Featured Contributor since the First Four (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John).

I am SO glad it's you and not me.

Mark F wrote:

Maria T wrote:

Congratulations Mark!!

I actually feel like complete crap and have been laying around all day watching Mr. Robot.  Does anyone know how many sick days Upwork gives you?

Congratulations! You really wanted that, right? (Or just the free mug?)

I don’t even drink coffee.
lysis10
Community Member

awwww sheeeeet dawg.

The king is dead. Long live the king.

Time to sacrifice some babies to the new overlord.

florydev
Community Member

Jennifer M wrote:

awwww sheeeeet dawg.

The king is dead. Long live the king.

Time to sacrifice some babies to the new overlord.

My first edict is to save the babies and focus on the sweaties (I give you full liberty in how you define it).

My favorite benefit as featured contributor was free admission to any Upwork theme park worldwide.

I was sad to give that up.

Be sure to wear your Upwork T-shirt, and they'll let you go to the front of the line on all the rides.

Preston H wrote:

My favorite benefit as featured contributor was free admission to any Upwork theme park worldwide.

Be sure to wear your Upwork T-shirt, and they'll let you go to the front of the line on all the rides.

I hear this works at Disneyworld, too. The powers of upwork are amazing. 

Martina P wrote:

Preston H wrote:

I hear this works at Disneyworld, too. The powers of upwork are amazing. 

That is of course why I agreed to it.  I think today I am going to go see the movie IT and I fully expect not to pay for the ticket and also to get 1/2 price off on concessions.

Mark F wrote:

What a lack of imagination, a mug can be used in many ways!

Did you really get a mug? I've been dying to get a present from Upwork for years, but they don't seem to find a good enough reason to send me a present.

Luce N wrote:

Mark F wrote:

Did you really get a mug? I've been dying to get a present from Upwork for years, but they don't seem to find a good enough reason to send me a present.

I got a vacuum insulated water bottle. Pretty useful, honestly.

Congrats, Mark! Enjoy the scores of PM's from people thinking you have back-end access to Upwork and can solve their every issue! Smiley LOL

They used to put the new Featured Contributor and the bio in the scroller on the upper right with other announcements, tips, etc. They need to do that again as it took me a while to find where the bio was hidden. Congrats, Mark. Enjoy the perks!

Scott B wrote:

They used to put the new Featured Contributor and the bio in the scroller on the upper right with other announcements, tips, etc. They need to do that again as it took me a while to find where the bio was hidden. Congrats, Mark. Enjoy the perks!

I will.  I didn't go to that movie yesterday but I am going today!

Michael S wrote:

Luce N wrote:

Mark F wrote:

I got a vacuum insulated water bottle. Pretty useful, honestly.

Congrats, Mark! Enjoy the scores of PM's from people thinking you have back-end access to Upwork and can solve their every issue! Smiley LOL

I have already had a few (but I had a few before that too).  I also had one guy who said he read all my stuff and wanted me to lend my voice to the fight against paid connects.  I didn't have the heart to tell him he must not be reading very closely.  I think I may ignore them for the most part...might get me fired from UW though.

I am sure though you are glad to be down from there and I honestly considered not doing it for that reason alone.

Luce N wrote:

Mark F wrote:

Lol, it might be that.  I have drank tea out of it for two days...it's a great mug actually.  You might have meant more interesting beverages (cocoa?).

I also got a shirt and a notepad.

Mark F wrote:

Luce N wrote:

Mark F wrote:

Lol, it might be that.  I have drank tea out of it for two days...it's a great mug actually.  You might have meant more interesting beverages (cocoa?).

Well, I don't know, you can put flowers in your mug, or pencils, or coins. If you have hamsters, you can put the mug in the cage, the'll hide their food in it. There are lots of possibles uses for a mug.

Wow! A shirt and a notepad! Now, I'm jealous! Was it a real shirt or a t-shirt? Did they ask you what size you wear or did they just send you a ridiculously tiny or huge shirt?

Luce N wrote:

Mark F wrote:

Luce N wrote:

Mark F wrote:

Well, I don't know, you can put flowers in your mug, or pencils, or coins. If you have hamsters, you can put the mug in the cage, the'll hide their food in it. There are lots of possibles uses for a mug.

Wow! A shirt and a notepad! Now, I'm jealous! Was it a real shirt or a t-shirt? Did they ask you what size you wear or did they just send you a ridiculously tiny or huge shirt?

T-shirt.  They did not ask my size but they sent X-Large so depending on the person it could be tiny or huge.

And I was just thinking yesterday that Mark has the nicest PFP.  And then this morning I almost messaged him a question! Hhahaha!

Congrats!

Amanda L wrote:

And I was just thinking yesterday that Mark has the nicest PFP.  And then this morning I almost messaged him a question! Hhahaha!

Congrats!

That's funny because I really don't like that pic but thanks anyway..

There is a good chance I don't know the answer.
lysis10
Community Member

We need to raz every featured contributor and every regular sends a PM asking how to get their profile approved. It would be funny for them to wake up to 30 messages from regulars asking how to do something. 😄

florydev
Community Member

Jennifer M wrote:

We need to raz every featured contributor and every regular sends a PM asking how to get their profile approved. It would be funny for them to wake up to 30 messages from regulars asking how to do something. 😄

Starting with the next one right?

Seriously though, I might like that kind of attention...are you sure you want an invite into my psychoisis?

Right now it is about 1 a day but I guess its still early.  If I respond I say...gezzzwhatidonahworkforupwork.

Jennifer M wrote:

Great idea. Let me start:

Mark, my JSS dropped for no reason at all, plus my connects did not refresh. Both must be bugs, fix them asap. Thanks. 

Martina P wrote:

Jennifer M wrote:

Great idea. Let me start:

Mark, my JSS dropped for no reason at all, plus my connects did not refresh. Both must be bugs, fix them asap. Thanks. 

If you really want to grind my gears it should be more like:

I want Upwork to do X, come on why haven't you done it yet it would be SOOOOOO EASSSYYYYYY!!!!

@luce-neidert wrote:

Mark F wrote:

Luce N wrote:

Mark F wrote:

You can also put the hamsters in the mug ... hilarity ensues.

mtngigi
Community Member

Mark F wrote:

Luce N wrote:

Mark F wrote:

ooooh ... a notepad ... now I'm jealous.  

mtngigi
Community Member

Mark F wrote:

Maria T wrote:

Congratulations Mark!!

A shot of bourbon in your "coffee" cup will do wonders for whatever ails you. I mean, if you're not going to use it for coffee ...

And what is wrong with Upwork that they can't make the featured contributor box a direct link? Geez.

florydev
Community Member

Virginia F wrote:

Mark F wrote:

Maria T wrote:

Congratulations Mark!!

A shot of bourbon in your "coffee" cup will do wonders for whatever ails you. I mean, if you're not going to use it for coffee ...

And what is wrong with Upwork that they can't make the featured contributor box a direct link? Geez.

I can assure you that no matter what I might drink in my cup, or put in my cup, bourbon, or anything in the whiskey family, will not be one of them.  When I was a much younger man I fell in with a guy named John Daniels and we had such a good time it took days to recover.  I only visited him again one other time after that and the same thing happened.  John and I get excessive for some reason and I prefer everything in moderation, especially projectile vomiting.

My dog is named Jack Daniels.  Discuss amongst yourselves.

Your dog would make me throw up!

Hamsters in mugs?????

Doesn't mean you need to drink them.

You lay the mug in their cage so they can go hide their food in the back of the mug, as if it were a grotto.

abeerah1214
Community Member

Hi Mark,

Since the day I joined Upwork and got into Upwork Community, I have always seen your name as Featured Contributor. And, honestly, until today when I noticed a new name as featured contributor, I didn't know how this title work, and whether you are/were an employee of Upwork or not.

Now after going through all the posts, especially the ones mentioning you, things have become pretty clearer.

So, with this message, I want to say 'Thank You', because if I hadn't noticed your name with the title for so long, I would have never known more about Upwork Community.

(Also, I no longer fantasize about being a Featured Contributor :D)

Best regards.

Abeerah H wrote:

Hi Mark,

Since the day I joined Upwork and got into Upwork Community, I have always seen your name as Featured Contributor. And, honestly, until today when I noticed a new name as featured contributor, I didn't know how this title work, and whether you are/were an employee of Upwork or not.

Now after going through all the posts, especially the ones mentioning you, things have become pretty clearer.

So, with this message, I want to say 'Thank You', because if I hadn't noticed your name with the title for so long, I would have never known more about Upwork Community.

Best regards.

It's pure luck that I saw this, I actually assumed this article was about the new FEATCON Andrea.

You are welcome and thank you back for expressing your thanks.

mtngigi
Community Member

Mark F wrote:

Abeerah H wrote:

Hi Mark,

Best regards.

It's pure luck that I saw this, I actually assumed this article was about the new FEATCON Andrea.

I kinda miss that big green head ...

florydev
Community Member

Virginia F wrote:

Mark F wrote:

Abeerah H wrote:

Hi Mark,

Best regards.

I still have it, I keep it above my neck

Mark F wrote:

Virginia F wrote:

Mark F wrote:

Abeerah H wrote:

Hi Mark,

Best regards.

I still have it, I keep it above my neck

It's still green?

Latest Articles
Learning Paths