Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FEATURED CONTRIBUTOR

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
11 of 31

Preston H wrote:

My favorite benefit as featured contributor was free admission to any Upwork theme park worldwide.

I was sad to give that up.

Be sure to wear your Upwork T-shirt, and they'll let you go to the front of the line on all the rides.

I hear this works at Disneyworld, too. The powers of upwork are amazing. 

Community Guru
Mark F Member Since: Jul 10, 2018
12 of 31

Martina P wrote:

Preston H wrote:

My favorite benefit as featured contributor was free admission to any Upwork theme park worldwide.

I was sad to give that up.

Be sure to wear your Upwork T-shirt, and they'll let you go to the front of the line on all the rides.

I hear this works at Disneyworld, too. The powers of upwork are amazing. 

That is of course why I agreed to it.  I think today I am going to go see the movie IT and I fully expect not to pay for the ticket and also to get 1/2 price off on concessions.

Community Guru
Luce N Member Since: Oct 9, 2016
13 of 31

Mark F wrote:
I don’t even drink coffee.

What a lack of imagination, a mug can be used in many ways!

Did you really get a mug? I've been dying to get a present from Upwork for years, but they don't seem to find a good enough reason to send me a present.

Community Guru
Michael S Member Since: Aug 29, 2017
14 of 31

Luce N wrote:

Mark F wrote:

Did you really get a mug? I've been dying to get a present from Upwork for years, but they don't seem to find a good enough reason to send me a present.

I got a vacuum insulated water bottle. Pretty useful, honestly.

Congrats, Mark! Enjoy the scores of PM's from people thinking you have back-end access to Upwork and can solve their every issue! Smiley LOL

Community Guru
Scott B Member Since: Nov 20, 2015
15 of 31

They used to put the new Featured Contributor and the bio in the scroller on the upper right with other announcements, tips, etc. They need to do that again as it took me a while to find where the bio was hidden. Congrats, Mark. Enjoy the perks!

Community Guru
16 of 31

Scott B wrote:

They used to put the new Featured Contributor and the bio in the scroller on the upper right with other announcements, tips, etc. They need to do that again as it took me a while to find where the bio was hidden. Congrats, Mark. Enjoy the perks!

I will.  I didn't go to that movie yesterday but I am going today!

Community Guru
17 of 31

Michael S wrote:

Luce N wrote:

Mark F wrote:

I got a vacuum insulated water bottle. Pretty useful, honestly.

Congrats, Mark! Enjoy the scores of PM's from people thinking you have back-end access to Upwork and can solve their every issue! Smiley LOL

I have already had a few (but I had a few before that too).  I also had one guy who said he read all my stuff and wanted me to lend my voice to the fight against paid connects.  I didn't have the heart to tell him he must not be reading very closely.  I think I may ignore them for the most part...might get me fired from UW though.

I am sure though you are glad to be down from there and I honestly considered not doing it for that reason alone.

Community Guru
18 of 31

Luce N wrote:

Mark F wrote:

Lol, it might be that.  I have drank tea out of it for two days...it's a great mug actually.  You might have meant more interesting beverages (cocoa?).

I also got a shirt and a notepad.

Community Guru
Luce N Member Since: Oct 9, 2016
19 of 31

Mark F wrote:

Luce N wrote:

Mark F wrote:

Lol, it might be that.  I have drank tea out of it for two days...it's a great mug actually.  You might have meant more interesting beverages (cocoa?).

Well, I don't know, you can put flowers in your mug, or pencils, or coins. If you have hamsters, you can put the mug in the cage, the'll hide their food in it. There are lots of possibles uses for a mug.

Wow! A shirt and a notepad! Now, I'm jealous! Was it a real shirt or a t-shirt? Did they ask you what size you wear or did they just send you a ridiculously tiny or huge shirt?

Community Guru
20 of 31

Luce N wrote:

Mark F wrote:

Luce N wrote:

Mark F wrote:

Well, I don't know, you can put flowers in your mug, or pencils, or coins. If you have hamsters, you can put the mug in the cage, the'll hide their food in it. There are lots of possibles uses for a mug.

Wow! A shirt and a notepad! Now, I'm jealous! Was it a real shirt or a t-shirt? Did they ask you what size you wear or did they just send you a ridiculously tiny or huge shirt?

T-shirt.  They did not ask my size but they sent X-Large so depending on the person it could be tiny or huge.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS