🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Re: FIFA World Cup - Who will win?
Page options
virtualbrix
Community Member

FIFA World Cup - Who will win?

I am going for the underdog here : ) Go USA : )

74 REPLIES 74
spxpert
Community Member

My country doesn't even qualify at that level (we are all about Cricket :D).  I go with MEXICO and BRAZIL (I would be happy if any of them win)

spxpert
Community Member

just because I have some friends from MEXICO,  and I like some of the movies from BRAZIL 😀

Haha : )

wahoooo : ) Exciting.

Agreeed

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Who will win?"

Probably one of the soccer teams.

looooool. I sure hope so!

SOCCER is a very American thing to say.  come on its FOOTBALL. 

The thing you play with your hands is not called football,  it's rugby :D....and it's a touchdown ha haha

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Let us welcome either word since this is a global Community. 😉

I use both depending on who I'm talking to. 😊

~ Avery
Upwork

Same Here : )

spxpert
Community Member

It was my way of teasing my American friends 😀 (of course in a good way).  
Apparently, my knowledge of SOCCER and AMERICAN FOOTBALL is at the same level (I am that bad at both games :D).  The only time I watch soccer is during FIFA.  and I followed 1-2 games of the NFL 5 years ago.

Ha. I am in the the USA and I tend to watch a lot more "football". I do see that "soccer" has been getting more popular.

loooooooooool : ) I agree in general, like Avery, I use both, depending on who I am talking to also : )

acc18167
Community Member

Go Ahead 

Best of luck

6bb31ac0
Community Member

I am from Bangladesh. I am support Argentina Team, 

spxpert
Community Member

For some reason, West Bengal and Bangladesh have a lot of support for Argentina

Interesting. It always seems to be Argentina vs. Brazil

I juts love you people!!! I havent met anyone from Bangladesh yet but just seeing your country mates cheering for us is SOOOOO LOVELY!!!! Thanks!!!

That is awesome.

e28ae2f8
Community Member

Brazil is the most likely winner of the 2022 football World Cup according to a prediction model from the Alan Turing Institute in London. The publicly accessible model gives Brazil a 1-in-4 chance, with England's chances put at less than 1 in 10.

We'll see - a bunch of the favourites haven't been performing well out of the gate. 

I agree

virtualbrix
Community Member

Looks liek Brazil is always a favorite.

acc18167
Community Member

Argentina

Let's Gooooooo!

SHOCKER that Saudia Arabia beat Argentina!

mayalee99
Community Member

I'm here after watching the recent matches. I've got to say that some matches surprised me so to that point I do not know who will win. 

Some of the bigger/favourite teams (like Argentina) are too cocky and play complacently in their early matches against teams they think they can easily win against. They need to know better. 

I agree, you have to act different, these days, any team can shock you.

I don't believe we played badly against KSA because we're cocky - its fútbol - just happens. Luckily for us, we have the number one player in the world in our team and we just regain our typical way of playing. We will win 🙂  (ARGENTINA)

#1 or #2 ; ) Goooooo!

told you so 🙂 

we WON our 3rd World Cup !!!! yayyyyyyy 😀

You did say it for sure. Congrats!

I agree, same here, makes it more fun!

alice_m_uk
Community Member

I, of course, want England to win because that's my country - but we haven't won for a long, long time, so I'm probably only dreaming. I'm supporting Spain too as a country I've spent years in. I'm also in a World Cup sweepstakes, and my countries are Japan, Netherlands, and Portugal but I don't have high hopes for them. You never know, though! 

We have England vs. Usa today : )

England will win!

Suppose to be in multiple countries next time, lets see. sounds fun

Hey Laura, Morocco is on a roll. Who would have thought!

Latest Articles
Learning Paths