🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Favorite Dark Roast Coffee?
Page options
jennifervh
Community Member

Favorite Dark Roast Coffee?

So I broke down and bought an espresso machine. It arrived yesterday and I absolutely love it.

I've started out with illy Intenso Dark Roast beans, and it's so delicious but maybe pricier than what an everyday coffee needs to be. Any favorites you'd like to rhapsodize? Decaf suggestions also welcome.

12 REPLIES 12
mwiggenhorn
Community Member

We love Community Coffee which is roasted and packaged in Louisiana. They have "Dark and Bold" which is espresso, "Coffee and Chickory", "Signature Blend" and "New Orleans Blend" - both of which are dark roast.  You can order online direct from the company.  Amazon carries it but their price is pretty steep.  All are available in whole bean or ground I believe.  Happy brewing!

Hard to go wrong with Chickory.

elyannie
Community Member

I'm a huge fan of Bustello coffee. It tastes strong and very rich and I can use it in my espresso and my regular machine as well. The price isn't too bad either. I don't even look at the other coffees in the store anymore. 🙂

pgiambalvo
Community Member

The kind that is already brewed and waiting for me to pour when I wake up.

StanG
Community Manager
Community Manager

This is me. I can't really tell the difference between coffee just like I can't tell one wine from another.

Right now we have Dunkin along with some random brand I picked up from Menards. 

moonraker
Community Member

I'm more of a tea man.

I like hot herbal tea at night before bed. I mix Ginger/Lemon with Hibiscus. So good.

ericaandrews
Community Member

Well, it's not expresso, but I recently got hooked on Dunkin's 'Turtle Love'  dark roast because I'm quite a chocolate fan but the flavor profile is complex enough to keep me interested.  Makes the house smell really nice in the mornings too. 😊 I stumbled upon it grocery shopping one day, bought it on a whim, and been hooked ever since

2a05aa63
Community Member

I'm in love with Blasercafe Lilla & Rose coffee. It has a nice flowery flavour.

renata101
Community Member

Hi Jennifer,

It's not dark roast, but Kicking Horse Cliffhanger Espresso is one of my favourites. It's sold as beans or ground coffee. Kicking Horse is a Canadian company, but you can buy their products on the company website or on Amazon (it goes on sale periodically in Canada, not sure about the US).

Screen Shot 2022-04-03 at 11.05.12 AM.png

They also have a half caff version of their Kick Ass blend called Half Ass.
Screen Shot 2022-04-03 at 11.13.36 AM.png

https://www.kickinghorsecoffee.com/

This caught my eye a couple times while shopping around - think I'll give it a try!

hglewis
Community Member

It was three days ago my son turned me onto

hglewis_0-1649051916977.png

I will say, you will get amped up, and it tastes great!

Latest Articles
Learning Paths