🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Figma or Framer?
Page options
ffb9444c
Community Member

Figma or Framer?

While examining the successful freelancers of Upwork, I see that there are users who use Framer. I do graphic design professionally. But I don't use Figma, XD or Framer. I want to start with one to add to my job skills. Which of these would you recommend I learn first?

Thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
williamtcooper
Community Member

Hey Ayse, Do Figma and Framer Work the Same? While both Framer and Figma are graphic design and prototyping tools, there are a couple of differences between them. Framer is a code-based design tool while Figma is a vector graphics editor and prototyping tool.

However, I use Adobe and Canva which work great. Have a wonderful day!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
nahidhasan771
Community Member

Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop. These two are perfect for designing. 

Yes of course. These programs are perhaps the cornerstones of design. But I think we should be familiar with current programs.

Among them; Figma, Framer, XD?

But I think we should be familiar with current programs.

Among them; Figma, Framer, XD?

Yeah of course 

williamtcooper
Community Member

Hey Ayse, Do Figma and Framer Work the Same? While both Framer and Figma are graphic design and prototyping tools, there are a couple of differences between them. Framer is a code-based design tool while Figma is a vector graphics editor and prototyping tool.

However, I use Adobe and Canva which work great. Have a wonderful day!

8467c28e
Community Member

Both Figma and Framer are powerful design tools with different strengths and purposes. Figma is primarily used for interface design, while Framer is more focused on creating interactive prototypes with animations and complex interactions.

If your goal is to expand your job skills in graphic design, then Figma would be a more logical choice. Figma is widely used in the design industry and has a broad range of features that make it a powerful tool for designing user interfaces, layouts, and graphics.

On the other hand, if you're interested in adding more interactive prototyping and animation to your design skillset, then Framer would be a better choice. Framer's focus on animation and interactions can help you create more engaging and immersive designs.

Ultimately, the choice between Figma and Framer depends on your specific design needs and goals. Both tools have their own strengths and can complement each other well. I suggest experimenting with both and see which one fits your workflow and design style better.

Latest Articles
Learning Paths