🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Re: Finally, got paid early
Page options
astepanov83
Community Member

Finally, got paid early

gotpaid.png

Oh, thank you, Upwork, you are very generous!

This may look silly, but I can't stop smiling looking at this funny bug.

6 REPLIES 6
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aleksandr,

Thanks for the feedback. I checked and it appears you received the weekly payment faster as expected but made a withdrawal before receiving the notification? Just looking to confirm the sequence of events as I'll be sharing your experience with our team to confirm whether if it's by design in that specific scenario.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Yes, that's exactly what happened.

Thanks for confirming, Aleksandr!

As far as I'm aware, the amount segment in the notification reflects the account balance. In this case, it appears the notification is displaying an expected amount, since a withdrawal has been made prior to receiving the notification. I'll double-confirm with our team but I'm fairly certain the notification is correct and displaying the expected information.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
2a05aa63
Community Member

It's not that much of a bug, since after withdrawal you balance is $0. They should show the amount that was paid early instead.

I see the zero balance every week. Because I withdraw quickly, before the email message is sent. I never really thought about it as a bug, because I understood why it showed zero.

The original poster is pointing it out as a humorous observation more than a serious bug report. It IS kind of funny now that I think about it.

I think I can live with the message as it is now... especially since it is a result of getting money a week earlier.

As a developer, I totally understand, why it showed zero: the logic is pretty straightforward.

But 99% of people or even more, are not devs. This phrase alone is quite misleading: I got paid, but I have zero balance.

This notification either should not have been shown at all, or the balance before withdrawal should be instead of zero.

But the problem is so unimportant, that it actually does not deserve serious discussion, that's why I posted it here.
Latest Articles
Learning Paths