Reply
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

Finally top rated, what does it mean?

Community Leader
Diego I Member Since: Jul 6, 2016
1 of 12

I haven't post in the forums for a while now, but finally I got the top rated badge, can anyone tell something about it?  .. just curious about what people think. 

 

I see some familiar faces, you may not remember me but I remember you. 

 

Smiley Surprised 

Community Leader
Matthew T Member Since: Nov 18, 2017
2 of 12

It means that you rock, and there are some boons too, 

 

Perks As a Top Rated freelancer or agency, you’ll receive

  • A badge on your Upwork freelancer profile
  • Personalized tips to strengthen your profile
  • 0% fees for all jobs with new clients you bring to Upwork
  • Reduced fees (10%) on Featured Jobs
  • Premium customer support, including phone and chat
  • Exclusive invitations to submit proposals
  • An exclusive Job Digest email to make it easier for you to find attractive opportunities
  • The ability to exercise more control over your Job Success Score
  • The opportunity to chat with Upwork during online office hours exclusively for Top Rated
  • The opportunity to host Top Rated Events in your city

Check it out:  here

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
3 of 12

It means when some loser threatens to give you bad feedback if you don't do something, you can LOL

 

It's especially satisfying when you know they ranted in your feedback, but you used the perk and it never even got to see the light of day.

 

Then you grab a beer and *sips*

Community Leader
Diego I Member Since: Jul 6, 2016
4 of 12

haha, that's awesome. I will LOL for sure and will let you know if this ever happens. 

 

 

Community Leader
Matthew T Member Since: Nov 18, 2017
5 of 12

Jennifer M wrote:

It's especially satisfying when you know they ranted in your feedback, but you used the perk and it never even got to see the light of day.


That alone makes it golden, managing petty people...

Community Guru
Baris A Member Since: Mar 15, 2017
6 of 12

Matthew T wrote:

Jennifer M wrote:

It's especially satisfying when you know they ranted in your feedback, but you used the perk and it never even got to see the light of day.


That alone makes it golden, managing petty people...


1 petty person every 3 months if you completed 10 jobs in the meantime. But it's a great perk to have; it gives more freedom to freelancer to deal with new clients.

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
7 of 12

Baris A wrote:


1 petty person every 3 months if you completed 10 jobs in the meantime. But it's a great perk to have; it gives more freedom to freelancer to deal with new clients.


You know, I would think new clients were the problem too, but it's always ones that have a history on Upwork that give me problems. I can't really explain it. Maybe the ones that have been around know how to work the system better? Maybe they have a history of getting refunds on a whim? I don't know, but it's kinda crazy how these clients think that they can hit refund and think I'll just immediately say "yess massa massa you no like I have no choice to do your will." Like, no, you either show me what's wrong or I want my money. They never even say what's wrong. Just "it's all wrong" and get mad when I tell them that if they can't work with me, then I want my money.

 

New clients seem to be more like "eh, here's money bye." lol I'm ok with that.

Community Guru
Baris A Member Since: Mar 15, 2017
8 of 12

Jennifer M wrote:

Baris A wrote:


1 petty person every 3 months if you completed 10 jobs in the meantime. But it's a great perk to have; it gives more freedom to freelancer to deal with new clients.


You know, I would think new clients were the problem too, but it's always ones that have a history on Upwork that give me problems. I can't really explain it. Maybe the ones that have been around know how to work the system better? Maybe they have a history of getting refunds on a whim? I don't know, but it's kinda crazy how these clients think that they can hit refund and think I'll just immediately say "yess massa massa you no like I have no choice to do your will." Like, no, you either show me what's wrong or I want my money. They never even say what's wrong. Just "it's all wrong" and get mad when I tell them that if they can't work with me, then I want my money.

 

New clients seem to be more like "eh, here's money bye." lol I'm ok with that.


What I meant was not new to Upwork but new to me. I always find it stressful to do that first job with clients.

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
9 of 12

It also means constant hustling to get jobs (however menial) to keep client feedback healthy. It means sleepless nights wondering if your JSS will slip further and further down until it dips below 90%. And when this happens, it will mean wailing and ranting on the forums, because suddenly the badge isn't there. It means further sleepless nights wondering what you did wrong,  and it also has value-added drama if you don't earn any money on Upwork for a month and then your profile gets set to private - so while it is nice to have the badge - there are mental health issues that go with the territory. 

Community Guru
Phyllis G Member Since: Sep 8, 2016
10 of 12

Nichola L wrote:

It also means constant hustling to get jobs (however menial) to keep client feedback healthy. It means sleepless nights wondering if your JSS will slip further and further down until it dips below 90%. And when this happens, it will mean wailing and ranting on the forums, because suddenly the badge isn't there. It means further sleepless nights wondering what you did wrong,  and it also has value-added drama if you don't earn any money on Upwork for a month and then your profile gets set to private - so while it is nice to have the badge - there are mental health issues that go with the territory. 


This is easy to say from my perch on a 100% (for now) JSS, but it kinda reminds me of buying a new car off the showroom floor versus one that's been driven a while. Sort of. My last one was a low-mileage, one-year old model that came pre-dinged and it's been so much more relaxing! 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS