🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Re: Flowchart Hall of Fame (inspired by Petra...
Page options
gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

Flowchart Hall of Fame

courtesy of Labrador Retriever Rescue of South Florida -- South Florida District

No photo description available.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
19 REPLIES 19
lysis10
Community Member

lmao

My neighbor has a Labradoodle and my god this flowchart fits her perfectly.

Katie The Best Dog Ever was a Lab-Chow mix. At one point, she received an official diagnosis of Dietary Indiscretion.

Katie 2.JPG

Bwahahahahaha .... Perfect vet diagnosis:  "she received an official diagnosis of Dietary Indiscretion."

Edited post because I TOTALLY misunderstood

(it was before I has my first coffee and was bleary eyed)

My most humble apologies to Phyllis (also already sent privately)

edited

Petra read before coffee.

I read her response before coffee.

We're both awake now!

Noureldin Y wrote:

I think the accurate phase would be from Petra instead of by Petra, or that's wrong also?

Petra's flowcharts are always both useful and entertaining and that is what inspired me, when I came across a funny one in another context, to share it here. (Also, her love of pets, which many of the rest of us share.) My grammar was correct, but she has indicatead she prefers not to be associated with this, so the phrasing is irrelevant. No need for anyone else to intervene here.

@Noureldin --

I have read a number of your posts. If you would like for me to do so, I can correct the English grammar of each one. No problem. It would be my pleasure to do so.

Noureldin Y wrote:

The fact is I don't waste my time here fixing my grammar or proofreading my comment before posting it as long as we understand each other, because I'm not getting paid for that.

As it's not even my second language writing fast mess it up, but when it's a task and paid I take my time in writing, proofreading, and confirming the grammar to deliver outstanding results, but thank you very much for the effort! And I promise you that I'll try to develop the free writing part.

Have a great day.

You seem to have missed Janine's point, which is not to spend time correcting native English speakers' grammar, when your own is wanting. 

Noureldin Y wrote:

If being a native makes the native think that he'll never do mistakes writing, that's very poor thinking, and it's not bad if we try to help each other.

Agreed, but I'm afraid you do not qualify to correct native English speakers. 

Noureldin, when are you gonna post another one of those videos? I have it on good authority many people are waiting with bated breath.

Jennifer M wrote:

Noureldin, when are you gonna post another one of those videos? I have it on good authority many people are waiting with bated breath.

😄 😄

Phyllis G wrote:

Petra R wrote:

....but, as you wish

I've edited my post and apologized and sent you a PM 🙂

Sorry again, I was being a half-awake bad-tempered b*tch.

On topic - ever since someone tried to poison our Doberman when I was a kid, all subsequent dogs were trained that unless edibles are handed to them or are in their bowl, they do not eat it. I feed the cats on the kitchen floor and Murphy would not touch it. If I want to feed him leftover catfood, which the cats turn their noses up at, I have to place the cat's dish in his bowl or he won't eat it.

😉

Petra R wrote:

Phyllis G wrote:

Petra R wrote:

....but, as you wish

I've edited my post and apologized and sent you a PM 🙂

Sorry again, I was being a half-awake bad-tempered b*tch.

On topic - ever since someone tried to poison our Doberman when I was a kid, all subsequent dogs were trained that unless edibles are handed to them or are in their bowl, they do not eat it. I feed the cats on the kitchen floor and Murphy would not touch it. If I want to feed him leftover catfood, which the cats turn their noses up at, I have to place the cat's dish in his bowl or he won't eat it.

😉

That's excellent policy which I will implement with my next dog. (My current property has a very large, enclosed backyard with one long side adjacent to a pedestrian alley.)
Katie came to me as a 4-year old, accompanied by her 4 1/2-year old sister, Margaret the cat. Margaret was 7 lbs of fur and 70 lbs of attitude and bossed Katie around mercilessly. M's food was kept elevated to keep it away from Katie. Strangely, it didn't have to be out of reach, just as long as it was off the floor, Katie considered it out of bounds. Margaret would not drink water from her own bowl, only from K's bowl (or the toilet or, if she could cajole me into it, from a trickling faucet). When Katie died and I took up her dishes, I realized after a day or so that Margaret wasn't drinking water at all. I had to put Katie's bowl back down for a few weeks. We were both very sad.

Petra R wrote:

On topic - ever since someone tried to poison our Doberman when I was a kid, all subsequent dogs were trained that unless edibles are handed to them or are in their bowl, they do not eat it.

My dogs ask before eating something they find, which is usually sort of charming, but not so much when, just for example, Daisy finds a piece of pizza crust I must have dropped taking out the garbage and wakes me up at 3 a.m. to find out if it's okay to eat.

Great idea Petra!

I'll remember that as I add to my canine family. 

Currently, my Belgian Malinois investigates even the food that I GIVE HIM in his bowel. Mind you, he's a big spoiled brat lol. But, still...I guess the police/military dogness that is he just naturally wants to investigate whatever he's being fed. Doesn't matter what I give him....tasty treats...dog food...he performs his own canine examination before consuming. 

datasciencewonk
Community Member

Keep the flow chart humor flowing lol...

It tickles my tech writer funny bone. 

This was another nice one (appropriate for FLs with home offices):

Screen Shot 2019-10-20 at 10.54.17 AM.png

Latest Articles
Learning Paths