Community Guru
Phyllis G Member Since: Sep 8, 2016
21 of 26

Petra R wrote:

Phyllis G wrote:

Petra R wrote:

....but, as you wish

I've edited my post and apologized and sent you a PM Smiley Happy

Sorry again, I was being a half-awake bad-tempered b*tch.

On topic - ever since someone tried to poison our Doberman when I was a kid, all subsequent dogs were trained that unless edibles are handed to them or are in their bowl, they do not eat it. I feed the cats on the kitchen floor and Murphy would not touch it. If I want to feed him leftover catfood, which the cats turn their noses up at, I have to place the cat's dish in his bowl or he won't eat it.

Smiley Wink

That's excellent policy which I will implement with my next dog. (My current property has a very large, enclosed backyard with one long side adjacent to a pedestrian alley.)
Katie came to me as a 4-year old, accompanied by her 4 1/2-year old sister, Margaret the cat. Margaret was 7 lbs of fur and 70 lbs of attitude and bossed Katie around mercilessly. M's food was kept elevated to keep it away from Katie. Strangely, it didn't have to be out of reach, just as long as it was off the floor, Katie considered it out of bounds. Margaret would not drink water from her own bowl, only from K's bowl (or the toilet or, if she could cajole me into it, from a trickling faucet). When Katie died and I took up her dishes, I realized after a day or so that Margaret wasn't drinking water at all. I had to put Katie's bowl back down for a few weeks. We were both very sad.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
22 of 26

Petra R wrote:

On topic - ever since someone tried to poison our Doberman when I was a kid, all subsequent dogs were trained that unless edibles are handed to them or are in their bowl, they do not eat it.

My dogs ask before eating something they find, which is usually sort of charming, but not so much when, just for example, Daisy finds a piece of pizza crust I must have dropped taking out the garbage and wakes me up at 3 a.m. to find out if it's okay to eat.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Kat C Member Since: Jul 11, 2016
23 of 26

Great idea Petra!

I'll remember that as I add to my canine family. 

Currently, my Belgian Malinois investigates even the food that I GIVE HIM in his bowel. Mind you, he's a big spoiled brat lol. But, still...I guess the police/military dogness that is he just naturally wants to investigate whatever he's being fed. Doesn't matter what I give him....tasty treats...dog food...he performs his own canine examination before consuming. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Kat C Member Since: Jul 11, 2016
24 of 26

Keep the flow chart humor flowing lol...

It tickles my tech writer funny bone. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Renata S Member Since: Jun 10, 2014
25 of 26
Highlighted
Community Guru
Renata S Member Since: Jun 10, 2014
26 of 26

This was another nice one (appropriate for FLs with home offices):

Screen Shot 2019-10-20 at 10.54.17 AM.png

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS