🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Re: For seafood loving foodies only ;)
Page options
petra_r
Community Member

For seafood loving foodies only ;)

My friend and fellow Upwork Freelancer and I went to **THE** most magical restaurant yesterday.

It's built on an ancient trabocco and has been lovingly and painstakingly converted to a restaurant with breathtaking sea- and coastal views from every table.

You do not get to choose your food, it is a set menu (kitchen is miniscule) of a never ending procession of different starters, all local (caught right under the trabocco) and fresh as can be (was still swimming in the sea that morning)

approachapproachglass floorglass floor

table surrounded by seatable surrounded by sea

15 REPLIES 15
petra_r
Community Member

various starters

ProseccoProsecco

1st starter1st starter

2nd starter2nd starter

3rd (?) starter3rd (?) starter

another starteranother starter

petra_r
Community Member

view towards the coastview towards the coast

fishcake thingfishcake thing

almost the last starteralmost the last starter

last starterslast starters

pastapasta

petra_r
Community Member

fried seafoodfried seafood

looking back on way to carlooking back on way to car

Yum and yum!  I do love living where I can get fresh seafood - can even buy it off the boat.  Shrimp, crawfish, oysters, catfish, red snapper, trout, salmon (although that isn't local), tuna.  Anything but cod - yuck - and lutfisk.  And no sardines or anchovies.  Everything else is wonderful!

I forgot crabs, especially soft-shell.  Can go to the beach with a net and a piece of chicken and catch crabs all day.

I love many seafoods; however, I definitely thought "yuck" when I viewed a couple of the photos.  What are the items that resemble worms (at least to me)?  "Fish cake thing"---haha; cute.  The restaurant does look like it'd be an awesome experience; in large part as a result of the beautiful scenery.

I'm now starving and ready to hop a plane!!!

You people got it down! Petra, where is this place???

For the last two months, two or three times a week, I fry up a catfish fillet (covered in bread crumbs, parmesan, garlic and/or paprika) and cook til it's a little crunchy, then break it up into tidbits and drop the whole thing (hot or cold) onto a fresh salad with plenty of avacados and onions, sunflower seeds.

It's the cheapest fish in the supermarket these days -- so don't tell alot of people about this -- deal? 

Petra, are you in Italy, because my son's in Europe and headed for a long tour of Italy. He would just adore a place like that. (Sounds absolutely beyond ...)

@Pat M wrote:

What are the items that resemble worms (at least to me)?

squid 🙂 Delicious!

Love good squid.  Here's a picture of my favorite place.  Notice the pirate ship for kids to play on while waiting for a table.  Their frozen drinks are incredible and in the winter, there's a wood burning fireplace inside with big screen tvs to watch football.

digiphics
Community Member

And here I sit eating oatmeal.... 😉

0645781d
Community Member

Looks like you are food lover. Do you love to share your fav, dishes with you followers, then I have something for you. Can you believe it? I discovered this awesome blog called " **Edited for Community Guidelines**" that gives cool captions for people who adore food. It's a fantastic website to check out if you want to make your food pictures on Instagram even better.

mwiggenhorn
Community Member

I have recently introduced my 8 year old granddaughter to the wonders of boiled crawfish.  One taste and she was sold! Typically you include corn, garlic, potatoes, sometimes mushrooms and other good stuff, along with the crab boil seasoning. That's my girl...crawfish boil..png

Proper eating technique - pinch the tails and suck the heads.  YUM!

luqman_mak
Community Member

I really like the fact that the menu depends on the catch of the day - thats the proper way of doing it and nothing tastes better 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths