🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Re: Forum for feature requests/bugs?
Page options
sethmeshko
Community Member

Forum for feature requests/bugs?

I have been chastised by a few users because I had the audacity to suggest that Upwork could improve they way they do things.  I then realized -- thanks to the corrections offered by Christine, Nichola and Petra -- that I was commenting and making suggestions on a forum that is supposed to be for asking advice under the auspice that Upwork can do no wrong.

So my new question is where do I find the forum on suggestions for Upwork’s improvement?  Such a category is suspiciously missing from the list where I found this forum.

3 REPLIES 3
colettelewis
Community Member

Seth M wrote:

I have been chastised by a few users because I had the audacity to suggest that Upwork could improve they way they do things.  I then realized -- thanks to the corrections offered by Christine, Nichola and Petra -- that I was commenting and making suggestions on a forum that is supposed to be for asking advice under the auspice that Upwork can do no wrong.

So my new question is where do I find the forum on suggestions for Upwork’s improvement?  Such a category is suspiciously missing from the list where I found this forum.

Chastised?  What - punishment, whips, hanging? Consider yourself lucky. You were not making suggestions, you were blazing in all guns firing before finding out if  the people in your firing line, were actually guilty. 

So - let's hear your real suggestions for improvement rather than the things that Upwork is not going to do just to please you!

I have never said that Upwork can do no wrong - and what do you mean by that word? You have not read my other replies to you. I have often vociferously criticized certain changes on Upwork - but - I  agreed to Upwork's terms and conditions, if I felt so strongly that I could no longer adhere to them, I would close my account. 

So, if you feel so strongly, this is an option also open to you.  You could also open another work platform in competition - good luck with that. 

florydev
Community Member

You can suggest them here, I don't know of another way.  Usually one of the mod's will tell you that they will pass the suggestions on.

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Seth,

Our team monitors this Community around the clock and, among other things we do, we also share feedback and suggestions posted here with our product team. So Community is definitely one of the places where Upwork users can share their feedback and recommendations. 

That said, we can't guarantee that all suggestions shared in the Community will be implemented by the product team or supported by all members of the Community. Our product team gathers feedback and data from multiple sources before implementing any new features and updates. 

Before revamping the structure and pricing of Connects (the system you discussed on the thread you're referring to here), we weighed many options and sought advice and input from freelancers and clients who use Upwork. In the end, we decided this was the best way to help professional freelancers win more projects. Here you can read the original announcement and watch a video where Hayden Brown, our Head of Product and Design then and CEO now, shared more information about Connects.

If there are any changes or updates to the connects system in the future, we'll definitely post about them in the Announcement section of the Community. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Learning Paths