🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Re: Forum members now allowed to edit other p...
Page options
petra_r
Community Member

Forum members now allowed to edit other peoples' posts?

(Some) forum members now allowed to edit other peoples' posts?

Upwork?
Really?

12 REPLIES 12
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

What??? Where?

jr-translation
Community Member

Hang on.

gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

WTAF?!

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Petra,

Unless a Community member has Moderator or Community Manager role and permissions, they can only edit their own posts. This is what the menu would look like for the member's own posts and this is what they would see for other people's posts.

Could you please let me know what you're referring to?

~ Valeria
Upwork

The name of the OP or person who edited a post is changed to the last person replying in the thread.

Screenshot_2020-07-03 Re Forum members now allowed to edit other peoples' posts .png

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Petra and Jennifer,

I think I know what you are referring to. Essentially, there is a direct link to every comment in the Community. When you follow that link, the title you'll see at the top of the thread is the title of that comment, which is not necessarily the OP. I hope the two screenshots below explain what I'm referring to:

Screenshot 1

Screenshot 2

~ Valeria
Upwork

So we can no longer see when the first post was crated, but who was the last person to reply and when?

Screenshot_2020-07-03 Re Forum members now allowed to edit other peoples' posts 2.png

You still can, Jennifer. It looks like you've set up your thread sorting from oldest to newest. In that case, you can still see the OP's timestamp if you open it through its direct link. Here is the link. 

You do bring up a valid issue though (that I haven't noticed because I have my sorting set from newest to oldest most of the time) that if the sorting is set from oldest to newest and a member has followed a direct link to a post that's not the OP, the timestamp doesn't show on the OP. I'll flag it to the team and see if we could address it in one of out future updates to the Community. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

Val, I've sent you a PM which shows exactly what I meant. There was a post that said Edited at date time by Forum member. The post had been edited for community guidelines.

The name of the person editing it is usually a mod.

In that case it was the name of a forum member.

Forum software glitching?

petra_r
Community Member

look: Now it looks like you edited my post

Also, I have never changed my settings. And this didn't look like this previously. It gave the name of the person who posted or the person who had edited the post.

2.png

Petra,

Petra R wrote:

look: Now it looks like you edited my post

Also, I have never changed my settings. And this didn't look like this previously. It gave the name of the person who posted or the person who had edited the post.

2.png

See the title of that post (that has my name in the "edited by" section) starts with Re:? That's the title of my reply to your post and I edited my reply. Same in the screenshot you PMed me. You're viewing the reply post via the direct link to that reply. The title, timestamp and the edits info there belong to that reply (posted and edited by the author.)

I understand how the way that info is displayed is confusing though. We'll see if we could make that less confusing while still preserving the system where there are permalinks to specific posts.

~ Valeria
Upwork

OOooooh. I think I see now. But that really makes no sense. Also, it happens when I just click on a thread. 

Thanks for taking the time to explain and sorry I didn't get it first time round.

It still gives the impression that I have written something bad and was moderated...

Latest Articles
Learning Paths