cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum members now allowed to edit other peoples' posts?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
11 of 13

look: Now it looks like you edited my post

Also, I have never changed my settings. And this didn't look like this previously. It gave the name of the person who posted or the person who had edited the post.

2.png

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
12 of 13

Petra,

Petra R wrote:

look: Now it looks like you edited my post

Also, I have never changed my settings. And this didn't look like this previously. It gave the name of the person who posted or the person who had edited the post.

2.png

See the title of that post (that has my name in the "edited by" section) starts with Re:? That's the title of my reply to your post and I edited my reply. Same in the screenshot you PMed me. You're viewing the reply post via the direct link to that reply. The title, timestamp and the edits info there belong to that reply (posted and edited by the author.)

I understand how the way that info is displayed is confusing though. We'll see if we could make that less confusing while still preserving the system where there are permalinks to specific posts.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
13 of 13

OOooooh. I think I see now. But that really makes no sense. Also, it happens when I just click on a thread. 

Thanks for taking the time to explain and sorry I didn't get it first time round.

It still gives the impression that I have written something bad and was moderated...

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS