🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Re: Free photo into documents.
Page options
kathy1010
Community Member

Free photo into documents.

Hi, all. Happy Weekend. Could someone enlighten me, please. I use a lot of free photos for a particular client. Like Shutterstock. When I go to "insert picture," it takes me to "Bing." All of a sudden, I have a scary feeling that maybe these aren't free pics I've been inserting. I'm just not sure. How can I be sure I'm inserting free Shutterstock photos. I don't want to get the client into trouble (Or myself, for that matter.). 

Thanks.

14 REPLIES 14
cindi-delaney
Community Member

As a photographer I might suggest checking the copyright on photos before using them. Just because they are online does not mean they are 'FREE' to use.

I know. But I thought I was inserting Shutterstock photos, which are free and okay. But now I'm concerned. How can I be sure the photos I pick are Shutterstock? Do you know?

Thanks.

No shutterstock is not a free image sharing service.  You have to buy one of their subsrciption plans.  There are many free phot sharing services though.

Where are you getting these photos. Shutterstock, Adobe and several other services offer subscriptions at reasonable prices. It's always best to assume photos are copyrighted.

OK. I'd rather pay than mess up. If I subscribe to Shutterstock officially, will I insert the photos the same way?

Thanks for the suggestion.

I just checked. Seems I DO have a Shutterstock account. Forgot about that. But how do I access it within a document. When I try to insert to photo, it goes directly to Bing.

Thanks, guys.

Where are you getting these photos. Shutterstock, Adobe and several other services offer subscriptions at reasonable prices. It's always best to assume photos are copyrighted.

I just realized I do have a Shutterstock account. Do you know how to access it within a word doc? My photo inserts default to Bing.

I am not sure, if word will let you do that.

If I recall correctly in shutterstock (or every other image sites) you have to download the image, make a size that suits your needs and insert it in word document.

Shutterstock plans are not cheap. Here is their pricing

https://www.shutterstock.com/subscribe

@Prashant P wrote:

I am not sure, if word will let you do that.

If I recall correctly in shutterstock (or every other image sites) you have to download the image, make a size that suits your needs and insert it in word document.

Shutterstock plans are not cheap. Here is their pricing

https://www.shutterstock.com/subscribe

I also use a lot of Shutterstock images for a client, which the client pays for. However, there is no way that I know of to insert an image into a Word document directly from the Shutterstock site- you have to download the image to your computer, and then insert it into the document from wherever you had saved it on your computer.  

Prashant, what are the free services, please?

Try any of these

Unsplash

Pexels

Pixabay

All of them provide free artwork. Some of it is interesting. Some boring. Of course, because you don't have exclusive use...the picture you use can show up somewhere else.

digiphics
Community Member

Try pixabay dot com

Latest Articles
Learning Paths