cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free photo into documents.

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: May 14, 2017
1 of 15

Hi, all. Happy Weekend. Could someone enlighten me, please. I use a lot of free photos for a particular client. Like Shutterstock. When I go to "insert picture," it takes me to "Bing." All of a sudden, I have a scary feeling that maybe these aren't free pics I've been inserting. I'm just not sure. How can I be sure I'm inserting free Shutterstock photos. I don't want to get the client into trouble (Or myself, for that matter.). 

Thanks.

Cindi D Member Since: Jan 14, 2017
2 of 15

As a photographer I might suggest checking the copyright on photos before using them. Just because they are online does not mean they are 'FREE' to use.

Community Guru
3 of 15

I know. But I thought I was inserting Shutterstock photos, which are free and okay. But now I'm concerned. How can I be sure the photos I pick are Shutterstock? Do you know?

Thanks.

Community Guru
Prashant P Member Since: Sep 29, 2015
4 of 15

No shutterstock is not a free image sharing service.  You have to buy one of their subsrciption plans.  There are many free phot sharing services though.

5 of 15

Where are you getting these photos. Shutterstock, Adobe and several other services offer subscriptions at reasonable prices. It's always best to assume photos are copyrighted.

Community Guru
6 of 15

OK. I'd rather pay than mess up. If I subscribe to Shutterstock officially, will I insert the photos the same way?

Thanks for the suggestion.

Community Guru
7 of 15

I just checked. Seems I DO have a Shutterstock account. Forgot about that. But how do I access it within a document. When I try to insert to photo, it goes directly to Bing.

Thanks, guys.

8 of 15

Where are you getting these photos. Shutterstock, Adobe and several other services offer subscriptions at reasonable prices. It's always best to assume photos are copyrighted.

Community Guru
9 of 15

I just realized I do have a Shutterstock account. Do you know how to access it within a word doc? My photo inserts default to Bing.

Community Guru
Prashant P Member Since: Sep 29, 2015
10 of 15

I am not sure, if word will let you do that.

If I recall correctly in shutterstock (or every other image sites) you have to download the image, make a size that suits your needs and insert it in word document.

Shutterstock plans are not cheap. Here is their pricing

https://www.shutterstock.com/subscribe

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS