Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free suggestions for Upwork's upcoming marketing campaign

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
1 of 7

Upwork's big marketing push has been announced and will commence during the next couple months. I have free suggestions for Upwork on how they can publicize and market the platform.

A new reality TV series called "Upworkers": The show follows real-life Upwork contractors as they negotiate the Upwork platform, work for clients (both good and bad), and hang out together in the Community Forum.

A new scripted comedy TV series called "Upworkers": The show follows fictional Upwork contractors as they negotiate the Upwork platform, work for clients (both good and bad), and hang out together in the Community Forum.

A new horror/suspense TV series called "Upworkers": Based on true events, the show follows Upwork contractors as they negotiate the Upwork platform, work for clients (both good and bad), and hang out together in the Community Forum.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
2 of 7

Preston,

I think the show would fall short on ratings. It would get old and boring after awhile. Please don't take my comment to heart folks. I don't like reality shows anyways Smiley Tongue

Highlighted
Community Guru
Santiago G Member Since: Mar 10, 2015
3 of 7

What, no battling the forces of evil TV series?

As long as this stuff doesn't break out into an epic courtroom drama.

Maybe someone can make a movie from this stuff.

Possible titles:

"The Avengers: Age of Upwork" .... action (No one ever yells out "Save me Hawkguy"!!)

"UpChuck" ..... comedy

"UpWork: The Truth Revealed" ....... found footage

"The UpWork Forums" ..... horror (not recommended for children or small animals)

"UpWork: Where Everyone is Happy" .... fantasy

"The Upwork: Battle of the Five Job Types" ..... adventure

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 7
re: "The Avengers: Age of Upwork"

This one is not really a joke.

This was the original title, but it had to be changed because Upwork threatened to sue if Marvel didn't change the name of their movie's insane computer program-turned-mad robot from "Upwork" to something else (hence: the thinly-fictionalized "Ultron").

Read about this in http://www.variety.com/?a=3444/marvel_faces_suit_changes_upwork_to_ultron
Highlighted
Community Guru
Lyam B Member Since: Nov 3, 2014
5 of 7

Preston, out of your 1,546 posts in these forums, this has got to be your most constructive and spot-on post to date. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
6 of 7

So-up: A new series about two related but often warring families, the Freels and the Clines. At the start of each episode a moderator tries to sum up what's gone before, before winding up with "Confused?...You will be..."

Highlighted
Community Guru
Oreofe J Member Since: May 8, 2015
7 of 7

@Stephen , I would like to scale that up to 7 warring families and title it - 'Game of Drones' , 'Workvengers' or something along that line.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS