🐈
» Forums » Coffee Break » Freelancers advertising for their services in...
Page options
youssefbahaa
Community Member

Freelancers advertising for their services in a job post using their client's account!

This is something that really makes me pause for a couple of minutes only asking WHY!! :'D

I get many job posts that contain: "I an expert in ...." or "I can do xxx in just 24 hours with the highest-quality possible" .. etc. Aside from that this is not professional at all and I believe it violates the TOS. I am wondering, why would anyone do this in the first place?! What benefits could he/she get?!

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

Yeah. It is dumb. But if I see something like that I just flag it and move on. Upwork quickly removes stuff like that.

There are many people in the world, and some of them do dumb things like that. I don't know if anyone is going to provide you with a definitive explanation about "why." I don't spend time thinking about it. But my general guess is that people do things like that out of ignorance, possibly thinking that this is how they will be able to get hired and earn some money. I think a lot of them have limited English language abilities.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Youssef B wrote:

This is something that really makes me pause for a couple of minutes only asking WHY!! :'D

I get many job posts that contain: "I an expert in ...." or "I can do xxx in just 24 hours with the highest-quality possible" .. etc. Aside from that this is not professional at all and I believe it violates the TOS. I am wondering, why would anyone do this in the first place?! What benefits could he/she get?!

They are just confused and don't realise they created a client account by mistake and can't figure it out. 

Latest Articles
Learning Paths