cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freelancing = Loneliness?

Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
21 of 61
I think it's better to be crazy dog lady. Once I hit 30 that will be me Smiley Wink
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
22 of 61

Holla crazy dog lady! I'm crazy Corgi lady. I have to walk her first thing in the morning, so just imagine crazy pink hair all over the place jacket and polka dotted pink pajamas cuz I just don't care before coffee. Of course, I walk her when everyone is leaving to go to work, so all my neighbors get to see me in my glory. But as they look at me with that "haha you skank" look, I just think "haha enjoy being chained to a desk for the next 9 hours, you loser."

Community Leader
Octavian Valentin A Member Since: Mar 26, 2015
23 of 61
I'm not new in this either ... almost 7 years
Community Leader
Tom Z Member Since: Jul 10, 2016
24 of 61

Working remotely can be lonely -- what is your method of addressing that?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
25 of 61

Tom Z wrote:

How many dogs and cats do you have?

Community Guru
Kat C Member Since: Jul 11, 2016
26 of 61

Petra R wrote:

Tom Z wrote:

How many dogs and cats do you have?

This should be marked as the solution Smiley Wink

Community Leader
Tom Z Member Since: Jul 10, 2016
27 of 61

0. I don't want them because I think it would make me rely on them and would make me even more less social.

Community Guru
Mark F Member Since: Jul 10, 2018
28 of 61

Tom Z wrote:

Ha, I almost posted here that today is Happy My Children Go Back to School day.  I have spent the entire day bathed in quiet after nearly 3 month-ish.

Do I miss them?

Not today.

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
29 of 61

Mark F wrote:

Tom Z wrote:

Ha, I almost posted here that today is Happy My Children Go Back to School day.  I have spent the entire day bathed in quiet after nearly 3 month-ish.

Do I miss them?

Not today.

Hate to burst your bubble, but they are going to be back later today. Smiley Wink

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
30 of 61

Dogs and cats tend to make one forget humans and are perfect companions for lone freelancers. However, human contact is important and it is true that freelancing can be a solitary business, and if one naturally tends to the hermit life, it is not good for social balance. 

I try to see, eat with, or provide a meal for, friends at least once a week, which if there is a deadline to meet, is not always that easy. I like cyber contact too,  but, whether with family (mine is scattered across the world), or on forums it is not the same thing as actual human contact and interaction. I'm planning on joining an art group this autumn - and I suppose for the good of my soul (maybe my body), pilates.  

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS