cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fun List (updated whenever possible)

Community Guru
Junelle A Member Since: May 31, 2009
1 of 24
i was inspired by Mandy's comment so i thought i'd make this list of all the crappy features, broken stuff and occasional yet recurring bugs in oDesk: AS OF 4/6/2014 crappy features:
  1. auto-hide applications
  2. money-back guarantee
  3. "escrow (with unlimited redo built in)" - Darren
  4. "That darn minimum wage thingie" - Mandy
broken stuff:
  1. email notifications
  2. job search
  3. contractor search
  4. support not supportive - Mandy
  5. messing with freelancers' finances - Mandy via Heather
occasional yet recurring bugs:
  1. with the time tracker, like here
  2. in contractor and client profiles (like this and this)
  3. "If I click on some freelancer's profiles from the forum, when I am already logged into the forum, the profile page shows that I am logged out and I see the public non-logged in profile view. Logging in again takes me away from the freelancer's profile page." - Marcia
  4. disappearing portfolios - Rico
not to mention that oDesk seems to be enjoying punking its contractors with its split testing powers, and the fact that they like rolling out betas without even telling us beforehand. i actually thought of putting this in the feedback section, but then for some of our members the page appears to be broken as well. feel free to add to this list, and maybe we can all find out: [quote=Mandy D.]... what is NOT a "little broken" on oDesk at the moment? Smiley Tongue :-p :tongue: [/quote] GOOD FEATURES (no longer available):
  1. "Wallet tab (still on screenshots from the people who are unleashing all this testing of crap upon us, might I add)" - Darren
  2. "Saved job search" - Darren
  3. option to mark messages as read/unread - Natasha
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain." - Maya Angelou
Try harder, or care less.
Community Guru
Natasha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
2 of 24
Feedback comments from freelancers to clients not showing. If you check the clients history you can see the rating but not the feedback comment. I have a ticket opened since Feb 7. Last updated - March 25: We are so sorry about this issue but our engineering department is still trying to fix this issue. We will inform you as soon as we have an update on this matter. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. We appreciate your patience and understanding. Thank you EDIT: I think we can also add to the list good features we had, but have been removed. I want them to give us back the option to mark messages as read/unread.
Community Guru
Natasha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
3 of 24
[quote=Junelle A.] occasional yet recurring bugs:
  • in contractor and client profiles (like and this)
  • [/quote] This is not occasional, check client's history. I think it's the first time I see this happen, but they are taking way too long to fix it.
    Community Guru
    4 of 24
    sadly, i don't think they have *any* plans of fixing it.
    "If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain." - Maya Angelou
    Exp U Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
    5 of 24
    Good features we used to have: ► Wallet tab (still on screenshots from the people who are unleashing all this testing of crap upon us, might I add). ► Saved job search Crappy features: ► Escrow (with unlimited redo built in)
    Community Guru
    6 of 24
    i miss the saved job search. now oDesk has to force you to visit the site and experience all the bugs in one go.
    Community Guru
    Mandy D Member Since: Jul 29, 2013
    7 of 24
    You are going to end up with a very long list Junelle :-) I'm just doing one job at the moment and cannot imagine how frustrating this site is for freelancers actively seeking work. Nothing works as it should, oDesk implements stuff that no-one wants or needs. One that crops up regularly That darn minimum wage thingie This, in my opinion is one of the most unfair "experiments". Not that I think anyone should work for $1 per hour ... but please oDesk ... make it across the board. Oopps - is oDesk going through a financial crisis(?) Are they pinching funds now? We are alone oDesk moderators have deserted us Only thing that works (for now) is the forum ... sans moderators.
    Community Guru
    8 of 24
    the forum isn't exactly working right either, feedback page especially. it's difficult to make heads or tails out of a conversation when the replies aren't posted in the right place. the list was longer originally but then i thought i'd give room for others to fill. it would be nice if we had a really good compilation here, maybe then oDesk will take notice. Smiley Tongue i'm with you on the minimum wage, it doesn't make sense at all.
    Community Guru
    Mandy D Member Since: Jul 29, 2013
    9 of 24
    Me thinks oDesk has sabotaged the feedback page - they are not around to read it anyway :-)
    Community Guru
    10 of 24
    my opinion was that they sabotaged it so no one could post. Smiley Tongue
    TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
    TOP KUDOED MEMBERS